RCL FOODS is seeking various candidates to fill in open vacancies that exist wthin its organisation including, frigeration Technician to join its Vector Logistics Division. The role will be based in Peninsula and report to the Engineering Manager.
Closing date: 21 February 2024
Location: Town / City, Peninsula
- Matric supplemented by an approved apprenticeship programme in industrial refrigeration
- Authorized refrigeration practitioner Cat B Ammonia
- Authorized refrigeration practitioner CAT B Transport Refrigeration
- 3 Years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of industrial/truck refrigeration equipment.
- Valid Code EB Driver’s license
- Industrial /truck refrigeration maintenance and fault finding
- Machines and tools, including their design, uses and repair
- Standards for design and construction
- Refrigeration codes
- Hazards and safety precautions
- Problem solving
- Equipment maintenance
- Manual dexterity
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise
- Attention to detail
- Deadline driven
Duties & Responsibilities
- Installation, Maintenance and Repair
- Install refrigeration equipment and systems.
- Inspect systems and their components to ensure safety and identify necessary repairs and to provide an ongoing programme of preventive maintenance.
- Diagnose problems and/or failures in refrigeration systems to identify equipment and/or systems repair and replacement needs.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance as needed and/or assigned to ensure the ongoing functioning of refrigeration systems.
- Test components using electrical, mechanical test equipment .
- Charge and leak test the refrigerant charged systems.
- Perform pre-start up checks on equipment and adjust as necessary.
- Lay-out and install reference points for determining equipment location.
- Prepare documentation (e.g. records of refrigerants, paperwork, logs, time and materials, specifications, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support in compliance with regulations and/or conveying information.
- Repair various items, systems and/or components to ensure that equipment are available and in safe working condition.
- Coordinate with Operations management, administration and other members of the maintenance team to complete projects/work orders efficiently.
- Inform the Maintenance Engineer regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and safety regulations.
- Assist other maintenance personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Maintain tools and/or equipment to ensure the availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
- Respond to emergency situations during or after hours to resolve immediate safety concerns.
- Transport various items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) to ensure the
- availability of materials required at job site.
- Dismantle malfunctioning systems, analyse and test components, using
- electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment
- Implementation of Safety Health Environment, Risk and Quality (SHEQ)
- Implement and comply with health and safety procedures.
- Ensure that documentation required within the Total Integrated Management
- System (TIMS), is applied consistently within scope of function.
Complete a spares requisition once spares have been drawn from stores in
order to have the buyer procure and replenish stock.
Guide, train and coordinate the functions of the technical assistant.
- Effective Teamwork and Self-Management
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate
- effective self-management in terms of planning and prioritising, and selfdevelopment.
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of work are
- consistently and accurately maintained.
- Inform relevant parties in the event of tasks or deadlines not met, the potential
- risks thereof and provide appropriate resolution.
- Manage colleagues and employees’ expectations and communicate
- Demonstrate willingness to help others and “go the extra mile” to meet team
- targets and objectives.
- System uptime related to field of work
- Correctness of the system installation
- Accuracy and timeliness of problem identification and resolution
- Compliance with health and safety requirements
- Cost effectiveness of repairs
- Stock replenishment
- Assistant training coverage
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!