South African National Parks is looking for a self-motivated Administration officer to lead the administration for the Agence Française de Development (AFD) Funding to the Table Mountain National Park-Reunion Island National Park collaboration programme.
Closing date: 20 February 2024
Location: Table Mountain National Park
This is a 2-year programme that will end May 2026. The position will be assisting the AFD-TMNP Programme Manger to deliver the programme outcomes.
While this is a fixed term contract, we are looking for a leader who is energetic, experienced and reliable working efficiently in grant administration and / or public administration processes to enable timeous delivery of the programme outcomes.
The individual is expected to help make a significant contribution to the future of the Table Mountain National Park by proactively leading on administration processes and work with multidisciplinary and diverse leaders to deliver the programme outcomes.
- National Diploma / NQF Level 6 qualification in Financial Accounting, Financial Administration or Business Administration or Project Management. Preference to be given for completion of Postgraduate studies in the above disciplines or commensurate experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Operations, Programme or Finance administration with excellent financial management skills and competency. Preference to be given to experience in working with donor funding and audits (unqualified) thereof.
- National and International travel management (large groups of more than 5 travellers) experience.
- Valid Driver’s license and suitable driving experience
- Excellent Computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power-point, MS Outlook are a prerequisite.
- Ability to work with relevant Financial Administration, Human Resources Policies, Procedures and Practices.
- Ability to work with a Public Finance Management Act, Supply Chain Management procurement process to deliver goods and services timeous in the Programme planning.
- Sound written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Applicant must have a sense of initiative, balance of patience and determination, be flexible and can meet deadlines and work independently without supervision and have attention to detail.
- Ability interest to speak/ learn French is advantageous.
- General public administration (state entities) including, but not limited to:
- contract (suppliers),
- integration for efficiency (with Finance and Procurement teams), and
- policies and procedures leadership.
- AFD (funder) and SANParks administration requirements, specifically reporting tracking.
- AFD-TMNP Funding Project Administration and record keeping (e.g., projects due date tracking, data capture, filing, etc.).
- Events planning, management, delivery, and record keeping, including:
- Local Travel,
- International Travel,
- Programme Meetings and Workshops,
- Field trips, and
- Hosting of AFD-TMNP guests.
The above position is a fixed term contract position up to the end of May 2026 when the Programme Funding ends. The cost to company remuneration package is based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson C2 job grade will be offered. The successful candidate will have to provide their own accommodation as there is no official accommodation in the park.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should forward their applications accompanied by the required documentation listed below to the following:
- Email: [email protected]
Supporting Documents such as certified copies of qualifications, ID & Driver’s License and other relevant documents must be emailed to [email protected] using reference number ADMIN_AFD-TMNP2024 in subject.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!