The Foschini Group has an exciting Traineeship opportunity for a Garment technologist. Only qualifying candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: Ongoing
Location: Western Cape, South Africa
- Technical support structure for Suppliers and Trading Division – Product Engineering.
- Pre-Seasonal silhouette and fabric matrix development.
- Sample approval process.
- Style quality query investigation – Bulk, store and customer returns.
- Testing standards understand and adhered to – Fabric and Trims.
- Risk mitigation – identifying issues and opportunities with the support of the Technologist.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Clothing related diploma (Fashion design or Clothing Management).
- Understanding of Manufacturing, Patternmaking, Grading, Garment Construction, Textiles.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint is necessary.
- To demonstrate innovative, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation and stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good service-orientation, interpersonal & presentation skills.
- Good attention to detail and levels of accuracy.
- Proven ability in multi-tasking and managing several deliverables at once.
- Readily takes on new challenges and opportunities with a sense of urgency and eagerness.
- Takes accountability and ensures others are held to account on agreed upon performance targets.
- Inspires trust and gains the confidence of others by displaying honesty and integrity.
- Interprets and simplifies complex and contradictory information when resolving organisational problems.
- Assesses and improves the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of various work processes.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS ATTACHED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act and in line with TFG’s Employment Equity Policy.
Who we are is because of our people. They are our greatest asset. TFG is an internationally diversified retail portfolio of 34 speciality lifestyle and apparel brands that Inspire our Customers to live their Best Lives and are woven into the lives of millions.
Our vision is to create the most remarkable omnichannel experiences for our customers. TFG is more than a workplace, it’s a launchpad for your growth. Join us and explore endless growth opportunities across our diverse brands. We’re a purpose-led business, and on this team, you’ll share the pride of making an impact across a whole industry.
We’re the designers, the makers, the shakers and the teams behind the scenes.
Are you with us?
ABOUT THE TEAM
Sportscene, where style meets comfort and fashion finds its home! Step into a world of fresh kicks, new releases, trendy athleisure and accessories from an exquisite assortment of amazing brands. We are your ultimate destination for staying effortlessly stylish while embracing your unique personality. It’s a vibe!
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!