Cape Peninsula University of Technology is hiring x2 chemical engineering lecturers who are going to be Lecturing Chemical Engineering Subjects, Research, Community Engagement, Undergraduate and Post Graduate Supervision in the Department of Chemical Engineering.
Closing date: 25 February 2024
Location: Bellville Campus – Bellville, Cape Town, WC ZA
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A Master’s qualification in Chemical Engineering. All underpinning qualifications must be in Chemical Engineering.
- A Doctorate / PhD in Chemical Engineering or progress towards the completion of the qualification will be an advantage
- At least two years relevant lecturing experience in higher education or 2 years industry related experience.
- A Teaching and Learning Certificate in Higher Education or the incumbent will be expected to enrol for a Diploma or Postgraduate certificate in teaching to improve teaching skills within 2 years of being appointed.
- Must be registered with ECSA professional body or must be willing to register within 12 months of employment
- Applicants for the Lecturer post to commit to studying towards and completing a Doctorate / PhD within 5 year of appointment
Key Performance Areas / Principal Accountabilities
Academic Development and Teaching:
- The preparation and lecturing of specific instructional offerings at all levels as required.
- Teaching and practical application of theoretical aspects of specific instructional offerings
- Contribute towards the review of assessments methods
- Implementation of an evaluation system to determine teaching and learning success
- Supervise and mentor students at all levels as required.
- Assist in all departmental administration duties and/or responsibilities
- Participate in co-operative education activities.
- Assist in programme marketing by liaising with schools, school visits, preparation of marketing material.
- Be Involved with at least one research area in subject field or subject field of masters and doctoral students.
- Supervise group research projects and contribute towards peer/group/departmental research.
- Secure funding for research purposes
Assisting with the coordination of all academic activities relating to, but not limited to:
- the curriculum programmes that are linked to Chemical Engineering
- Teaching & learning
- Curriculum development,
- Academic development,
- Academic administration,
- Conducting research,
- Participation in ECSA/CHE or any other accreditation,
- Participation in Quality Assurance activities,
- Participation in Industry Advisory Committees & partnerships,
- Personal & professional development,
- Assisting with WIL and planning of service-learning initiatives,
- Assisting with recruitment, admissions & marketing as is reasonably required by the HOD: Chemical Engineering
- Demonstrable lecturing ability
- Understanding of good assessment practices
- Knowledge of curriculum development
- Computer literacy with good organizational and time management skills
- Language proficiency: English and any other official language,
- Computer literacy and programming
- Student focused,
- Strong teambuilding and leadership skills,
- To be able to cope under pressure.
- Organisation of hands-on practical projects exercises for undergraduate students in the Labs.
- Engaging with industry partners to provide students with real-life work exposure and experience.
- Initiation and development of subject material within the listed subject areas.
- Contribution to team research and teaching programmes and their administration.
- Assisting with departmental administration.
- Developing innovative research, teaching, and learning methods and materials.
- Promotion of community participation and linkages outreach
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!