Food Lovers Market is looking for a General Assistant to join their team and is going to ensure that equipment is received, stored and maintained in a correct manner.
Closing date: Ongoing
Location: Vanderbijlpark S. E. 1, Gauteng
This is a summary of what the job involves to help you decide if you are a good fit.
This position reports directly to the Supervisor and the Manager and will be required to work different shifts across trading and non-trading hours, including Sundays and Public Holiday.
What you’ll do
This is a list of tasks that you will be responsible for doing on your days at work.
- Yard and equipment housekeeping.
- Ensure safe storage of all equipment in yard.
- Remove 3rd party equipment from warehouse and prepare for return.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding accuracy expectations and productivity minimums as directed by Operations Management.
- Operates safety sensitive and heavy equipment such as, but not limited to, forklifts, pallet jacks and flat bed carts in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury, or property damage.
- Performs a daily stock count on all equipment.
- Ensure the pre-determined equipment pool is maintained so there is no loss of productivity.
- Performs pre-inspections and post-inspections of all equipment before and after use.
- Ensures security of company assets.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work environment always.
- Performs any other equipment related duties as required by Operations.
- Use your numeric skills for tasks like counting and basic calculations.
- Bring a positive attitude to the workplace, contributing to a pleasant team atmosphere.
- Thrive under pressure, ensuring tasks are completed efficiently during busy periods.
- Demonstrate your physical strength by lifting heavy objects safely.
- Work in a hot environment, maintaining your stamina and focus.
This is a list of things you will need in order to be considered for this role
- Clear criminal record
Meeting the preferences would be a plus, but if you don’t, it won’t stop companies from considering you.
- South African candidates
- Experience: General Assistant
- Within 15km from job
- Experience: Minimum 1 years’ experience as a general assistant in the warehouse environment
This is a list of things you will need to do when completing your application to this job.
Assessments required for application
- Potential Work Performance Assessment Battery
Questions required for application
When applying for this job, you will be asked to answer these question(s).
- Do you live within travelling distance from the job?
- Have you passed Matric? (You will be required to bring your Matric Certificate as proof if you are selected for an interview.)
- What keeps you going, even in difficult circumstances?
- Are you able to work under pressure, how do you handle pressure?
- List three of your strenghts and three of your weaknesses.
- Are you willing to work 6 shifts per week (including Sundays and Public holidays) across trading and non-trading hours?
- Are you willing to perform manual handling tasks, including lifting heavy objects and relocating products as required?
- Please list all warehouse equipment licenses you have. (For example please list if you have a license to operate Pallet Jacks, Forklifts, Reach Trucks, etc?
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!