Puma is inviting qualifying and interested candidates to apply for a RETAIL ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER post thats exist within its company
Closing date: Not specified
Location: South Africa
- Two to four years of management experience in a focused, customer service oriented retail environment (preferably apparel/footwear) with results driven track record
- Proven ability to exceed sales while meeting payroll goals, demonstrated ability to identify, hire, train, develop and retain top talent Managers as well as teams, ability to reason through complex issues, demonstrates effective communication, ability to present information to large groups
We are opening a PUMA store at Newmarket (factory outlet) in Alberton.
The Retail Assist Store Manager in strategically managing and promoting sales to achieve or exceed sales, KPIs, and profitability goals to position PUMA to be the Fastest Sports Brand in the world. This is a developmental position for high performing Supervisors to continue growing their skillset in order to become a Store Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring the Store consistently achieves or exceeds sales, KPIs and profitability goals through the effective use of short- and long-term planning, expense control, sales and service.
- Guarantee consistently high standards of customer experience within the Store in accordance with PUMA’s Brand Values and service standards.
- Responsible for assisting Store Manager with the recruitment, training, development and succession of high performing, results driven Associates and Supervisors.
- Spends 90% of their working time on the sales floor engaging with consumers, selling, and coaching employees.
- Will act as the Store Manager when the Store Manager is away from the store for any given reason.
- Assist the Store Manager in preparing and administering timely and accurate performance appraisals.
- Responsible for ensuring training programs (required per the Role), both Domestic and Global, are successfully completed to drive results within the store.
- Manage and monitor Loss Prevention education and awareness programs
- Directly responsible for Loss Prevention and Operational compliance within store
- Manage and achieve or exceed all Inventory and Shrink goals; oversee and manage Physical Inventory counts
- Directly responsible for execution and processing of both incoming and outgoing merchandise
- Attend offsite training and position related meetings as required by Store Manager; travel may be required•
- Responsible for accurately processing sales, exchange, and refund transactions at the cash desk, with proper operation of the POS system, handling forms of tender with accuracy and respect, and ensuring proper discounts are applied when applicable. Also, responsible for processing employee transactions while adhering to the Associate Discount Policy & Procedure.
- Ensure execution and maintenance of all Visual Guidelines as well as guaranteeing the visual presentation of the Store always meets or exceeds PUMA standards
- Maintain physical condition of Store according to relevant guidelines and communicate maintenance needs in a timely manner
- Required to comply with all Policies & Procedures, operational core competencies and key accountabilities
- Execute all requirements necessary to maintain a safe and compliant working environment for all Store Associates and Customers
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!