The South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) is hiring a cashier. Interested and qualifying candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 19 February 2024
Location: Town / CityPretoria
The South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) is mandated to develop, promote and maintain South African National Standards (SANS); promote quality in connection with commodities, products and services; and render conformity assessment services and assist in matters connected therewith. Working for the SABS opens the mind to the world around you.
We offer diverse career paths in a dynamic environment that nurtures and recognises talent and potential. Become part of our vision of being a trusted standardisation and business assurance solution provider and join a team that fosters accountability, excellence and innovation in an inclusive workplace.
SABS is an equal opportunities employer, and our recruitment will be done in line with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and our EE Policy.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Ensure daily payments received from external customers, petty cash claims and all customer master data input that relate to the Address Book for Financial data are processed in a secure, accurate and efficient manner.
- Minimum Requirements
- National Diploma / Diploma in Finance, Accounting, or a related field ( NQF Level 6)
- 3 years relevant work experience in a Financial environmen
- Receipt and cash handling, petty cash, address Book (Finance) and on-line credit assessment experience essential
- Live-Link and JDE systems experience is advantageous
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive over the counter card payments from external customers for goods and services provided and internal/staff customers (lost key cards, wheel clamps etc.).
- Ensure that petty cash payments are done in accordance with company policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Facilitate the replenishment of the petty cash in accordance with company policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Perform accurate daily reconciliations between payments received and invoices issued for such payments.
- Perform monthly petty cash reconciliation between cash on hand and petty cash claims.
- Ensure security of all cash on hand at all times.
- Ensure effective handling and archiving of all financial records in the unit within scope of control, in accordance to company policies, procedures and legislative requirements, relating to petty cash and receipt handling.
- Liaise with the SABS credit assessment company to request the correct and most credit assessment / history of applicant customers.
- Use extensive knowledge of on-line Credit Assessment systems to trace the new details of absconded customers to enable collection activities to continue.
- Accurate and timeous creation of all new customers, suppliers and employee master data in the address book (Finance), in accordance to company policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Ensure that all master date transactions have appropriate and adequate supporting documentation.
- Ensure the efficient update of all changes to the financial data of customers, suppliers and employees upon request, in accordance to company policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Ensure secure, effective handling and archiving of all financial records in the unit within scope of control, in accordance to company policies, procedures and legislative requirements, relating to address book financial data.
- Report on customer address book trends and analysis (i.e. applications per business, account creation turnaround times, cash to credit trends, cash or credit application type)
- Risk and Compliance Management
- Assist in identifying and adhering to fraud controls, risk prevention principles, sound governance and compliance processes, and tools to identify and manage risks.
- Support and provide evidence to all internal and external audit and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain quality risk management standards in line with ISO and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and enforce all related Service Level Agreements to minimise business risk and ensure business continuity.
- Adhere to all relevant laws, policies and Standard Operating Procedures throughout the organisation.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external stakeholder relationships for the purpose of expectations management, knowledge sharing and integration, and to manage the organisation’s reputation.
- Represent and participate in the organisation’s committees and tasks teams when required.
- Convene and attend meetings and present relevant information stakeholders when required.
- Ensure efficient communication to all finance team members.
- Ensure the provision of excellent customer service.
- Resolve queries and problems within span of control and within agreed time frames.
- Follow up on unresolved queries, complaints where required.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders regarding follow-up of information, as required.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!