Anova Health Institute has an exciting opportunity for a General Assistant and inviting interested candidates to apply.
Closing date: 06 February 2024
Location: City Of Johannesburg Rural, Gauteng
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs cleaning tasks e.g. sweeping, vacuuming, disinfecting, mopping, dusting, removing dustbins etc., using cleaning materials and equipment as recommended by the supplier
- Cleans kitchens and toilets
- Ensures that cups, plates and cutlery used by staff must not be left unwashed for more than 45 minutes after use
- Cleans table tops after use
- Cleans the fridge once a week
- Empties dustbins and removes waste
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
- Adheres to Health and Safety regulations by using protective
Clothing and Equipment
- Reports any damage to property immediately when noticed
- Liaises with office administrator/ project administrator
- Makes sure that paper towels and toilet paper is ordered with the relevant administrator before stocks run out
- Ensures that there are sufficient cleaning materials at all times
- Ensures safe keeping of cleaning materials
- Liaises with the Office Manager on the replenishment of consumables
- Ensures that tea, coffee, sugar, milk, hot water and clean cups are available in the kitchen between 7:00 am and 3:00 pm each day
- Ensures that tea, coffee, milk, sugar and cups are set-up at least 1 hour ahead of meetings, training, or any other function in the first floor training room and that they are cleared within 15 minutes of the end of the refreshment break
- Sets out plates, cutlery and other requirements if meals are to be provided. Setting out must be done at least 1 hour in advance of the scheduled meal time. The reception area must be cleared within 15 minutes of the completion of the lunch break
- If asked by outside caterers, helps with setting out meals
- Assists with setting out catering requirements if asked to do so
- Advises the relevant office administrator well in advance if stock of refreshments or cleaning materials are required
- Be available as the contact person for all tea requests for meetings in boardrooms
- Runs errands as and when required
- Arranges tea for meetings – i.e. set up tea trolleys, serve and clear up.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Grade 12
- Covid Vaccinated
- At least 1 year domestic or office cleaning experience
- Communication skills and local language ability
- Ability to maintain a professional image;
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage own time;
- Recognise and support business values
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy.
Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
For more information on Anova visit our website: www.anovahealth.co.za
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!