TABLE OF CONTENTS
Transnet Group is recruiting and invites suitably qualified persons to submit applications for the 2024 Young Professional-in-Training Commercial & Planning.
Closing date: 06 February 2024
Operating Division : TPT POD Corporate H/O
Position Title : Young Professional-in-Training Commercial & Planning
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : People Mgmt
Reporting To : Capacity Building Manager
Grade Level : GRAD_7
Reference Number : 203675
Location : Durban
The purpose of the Young Professional in Training Programme is to develop a pipeline for key roles within Transnet Port Terminals (TPT) through a structured 24-month training programme.
The programme seeks to place Young Professional in specific areas within TPT according to their academic background, career aspirations and business requirements.
Transnet SOC Ltd is a large South African rail, port and pipeline company, headquartered in the Carlton Centre in Johannesburg. It was formed as a limited company on 1 April 1990.
A majority of the company’s stock is owned by the Department of Public Enterprises, or DPE, of the South African government.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow a structured training programme
- Undergo performance reviews and assessments every 6 (six) months
- Submit monthly reports
- Perform all duties as contained in his/her development programme, as well as which he/she may reasonably be required to perform by Transnet Port Terminals
Bachelors degree, BCOM, Btech, Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) in:
- Information Systems
- Business Science
- Management Accounting
- Industrial Engineering
- Must have above average computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Must have good administration and organisation skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to conduct research
- Ability to perform within an integrated team environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude and a willingness to learn
- Good time management
Preference will be given to applicants within eThekwini Municipality
HOW TO APPLY
Choose “VIEW MORE & APPLY” at the bottom of this post to start the application wizard.
Documents required when applying:
- Proof of residence for the last 3 months must be attached as affidavit
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of School ID
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.