TABLE OF CONTENTS
Eskom is hiring and invites qualifying professionals to submit applications for the Security Officer job vacancies [x27 posts].
Closing date: 02 February 2024
- Position : Snr Inspector Security x 27
- Task Grade : T06
- Department : Risk and Assurance (Security)
- Business Unit : Hendrina Power Station
- Reference Number : Gx HEN DP 253
Location : South Africa (Mpumalanga)
Area of Speacialization : To protect Eskom’s assets and interest by performing physical duties.
Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd or Eskom is a South African electricity public utility. Eskom was established in 1923 as the Electricity Supply Commission. Eskom represents South Africa in the Southern African Power Pool.
Eskom generates electricity by transforming inputs from the natural environment – coal, water, wind, nuclear and liquid fuels.
• Grade 12
• PSIRA: Grade C
• Guarding, patrolling and Access control: 2 years
Skills and Competencies
• Team player
• Employee relationship building
• Ability to interact at a senior level
• Must be able to apply theoretical and business knowledge on the job.
• Must be in a position to apply Good knowledge of governance, security legislation, protocol and situation monitoring
• Knowledge of Eskom Security policies systems, directives and standards
• Effective customer-care skills
• Communication and stakeholder Management skills (supervisor, colleagues, customers and Management)
• Physical ability – fitness to perform operational duties.
• Psychologically suitable – perform under stressful and dangerous situations.
• Must have a valid drivers license and must be able to drive
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform access control duties
Perform patrol duties
Perform Reaction/response team duties
Perform emergency preparedness duties
Perform guard duties
Perform general duties
HOW TO APPLY
If you have not been contacted within 28 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Eskom is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. In accordance with the employment equity plan of Eskom and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
Eskom reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions.
Eskom is committed to providing a smoke-free environment for its employees and visitors at the workplace.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.