TABLE OF CONTENTS
Sibanye-Stillwater invites suitably qualified candidates to submit applications for the job vacancy: Assistant Environmental Officer [x2 posts].
Closing date: 14 February 2024
|Asst Officer Env Engineering
|Group Shaft Name:
|E AuS Shared Serv Unit MRM Operations
|14 Feb 2024
|Type of employment:
|No of positions:
Sibanye-Stillwater is a multinational mining and metals processing group with a diverse portfolio of projects and investments across five continents.
The Group is also one of the foremost global recyclers of PGM autocatalysts and has controlling interests in leading mine tailings retreatment operations.
Sibanye-Stillwater has established itself as one of the world’s largest primary producers of platinum, palladium, and rhodium and is a top-tier gold producer. It also produces and refines iridium and ruthenium, nickel, chrome, copper and cobalt.
The Group has recently begun to build and diversify its asset portfolio into battery metals mining and processing and is increasing its presence in the circular economy by growing and diversifying its recycling and tailings reprocessing operations globally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sampling Schedules • Prepare all sampling equipment to ensure compliance with the personal occupational hygiene schedules per business area: • Airborne Pollutants • Personal Noise Dosimeters
- Reporting Legal: • Ensure compliance to personal occupational sampling strategies and schedules. • Meet deadlines pertaining to reporting (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Operational: • Provide information on sampling strategies related to a specific workplace or section of the business area.
- Capture all information pertaining to the sampling programme per business area on the relevant input sheets.
- Prepare all paperwork that accompanies the sampling equipment to the different business areas on a daily basis.
- Advise on changes to schedules.
- Ensure adherence to legal compliance in terms of sampling schedules.
- Manage budgeting parameters for the occupational hygiene department in line with business requirements and financial objectives.
- Assist in formulating monthly and annual budgets.
- Lead and drive cost saving and cash conservation initiatives.
- Actively support and meaningfully participate in the execution of the segment specific organisational development plan. This support will manifest in the targeted shift in culture as described by a valid culture assessment.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of occupational hygiene systems which contribute to a safe and productive work environment.
- Comply with SHE standards within the work environment.
- Participate in risk assessments and investigate and take appropriate action as per identified risks.
- Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION
- Qualification: Grade 12 with physical science & mathematics
- Practical Certificate in Mine Environmental Control
- Air Quality Analyst Certifica
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in an occupational hygiene laboratory
- Medically fit to work in the specific business area.
- Clear security screening record.
- Valid driver’s licence.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrate good communication and report writing skills.
- Have sound analytical and statistical abilities.
- Relevant computer skills (MS Office, Coupa and ESS)
- Knowledgeable of applicable legislation and codes of practice.
- Knowledge of ventilation and occupational hygiene systems and processes.
- Understanding of quality control principles and practices.
- Understanding of applicable measurements and calculations related to occupational hygiene.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply today and take the first step towards joining Sibanye-Stillwater’s team of skilled professionals!
- Applicants will need to undergo an interview process and psychometric assessment, which will be considered during allocation of learnerships.
- All entry-level requirements to be met before applicant will be considered.
- Applicants in possession of a Section 28 or 26D Trade Certificate will not be considered including another Learnership.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for selection.
No manual applications will be accepted by the HR or Recruitment personnel.
Note: Applications to be done online – www.careers.sibanyestillwater.com.
You apply on the Sibanye-Stillwater careers portal for this opportunity. Use the button link below to access the official portal for more detail as well as the application.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.