TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Office of the Pension Funds Adjudicator (OPFA) is recruiting and invites applications for the vacancy: Legal internship [x4 posts].
Closing date: 02 February 2024
Position : Legal Internship (X4)
Position status : 12 months
Reporting line : New Complaints Unit Supervisor
Location : Pretoria, Ashlea Gardens
Remuneration: OPFA offers market related remuneration commensurate to the successful candidate’s skills and experience.
ABOUT THE OFFICE OF THE PENSIONS FUNDS ADJUDICATOR
The Office of the Pension Funds Adjudicator (OPFA) is a statutory body established in terms of the Pension Funds Act, 24 of 1956 to investigate complaints referred to it in terms of the Act. The organisation OPFA is based in Ashlea Gardens in Pretoria.
The OPFA believes that to be able discharge its responsibilities, people should be at the centre of the organisation. The OPFA is always looking for highly professional candidates with legal background and drafting skills as well as skilled Administrators.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Attend to walk in complaints in lodging new complaints.
▪ Draft and send initial letters to the parties.
▪ Draft and send reply/follow-up letters.
▪ Ensure documents are sent to the correct parties.
▪ Receive responses and replies as well as saving them on Software system (Respond).
▪ Engage and Investigation of complaints as well as drafting of determinations in terms of the
▪ Engage with parties to a complaint in relation to the administrative aspects of the
▪ Prepare draft letters based on research and direction given by the team leader.
▪ Request for reply to letters from complainant.
▪ Request confirmation of settlement from the parties.
▪ Peruse responses from parties and advice the team leader if further information is required.
▪ Follow up on undertakings to respond.
▪ Request all necessary investigation reports.
▪ Keep record of all files allocated to them.
▪ Keep all correspondence relating to a complaint together including telephone calls, emails,
▪ Submit weekly and monthly statistics to the team leader
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
▪ Bachelor of Laws degree (LLB)
▪ Certificate in Pension Funds law (added advantage)
▪ Practical Legal Training (added advantage)
▪ Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook).
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
▪ Attention to details.
▪ Self-motivated, planning and organising, resilience.
▪ Ability to analyse, interpret, solve problems, and make legal arguments to reach a conclusion.
▪ Ability to make investigative decisions in the resolution of complaints.
The potential suitable candidate must be a creative thinker, passionate about service delivery and be
able to thrive under pressure.
The candidate must be able to display compassion towards members of
the public and complainants and have an open-door policy. Energetic, outcomes and deadlines driven
attributes are essential. An influential team player, great communicator, with high levels of integrity and
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons may submit applications, inclusive of academic qualifications and CV to [email protected]. Closing date is 02 February 2024..
The OPFA reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you do not receive any response within a month of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Regret correspondence will only be sent to interviewed candidates. The OPFA is an equal opportunity employer and as such, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups in line with the organisation’s employment equity plan.
Persons living with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.