TABLE OF CONTENTS
Metropolitan Holdings is recruiting and invites qualifying recent graduates to apply for the Skills & Development Internship 2024.
Closing date: 22 January 2024
|Skills & Development Intern
|Some of the time
Location: Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
The purpose of this role will be to assist in quality assurance, monitoring, and compliance for all of our Inseta-funded and self-funded programmes, as well as verification processes.
Metropolitan is one of the oldest financial services brands in South Africa. With a 116 year legacy of serving the communities in which it operates, Metropolitan represents true empowerment in serving Africa’s people through affordable financial solutions that create financial growth and security.
Metropolitan operates in South Africa, but the brand is also present in 12 African countries including, Namibia, Botswana, Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Lesotho, and Swaziland.Metropolitan provides financial wellness solutions that meet the needs of low income clients, including funeral insurance, health, savings, hospital cash-back cover, retirement solutions and life insurance.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Bursaries (Employed And Unemployed)
- QA supporting documents in preparation of INSETA submission.
- Upload all documents on INSETA MIS.
- Follow up with queries regarding QA from MIS.
- Download and QA semester results for INSETA submission.
Learnerships And Internships
- QA Documents on INSETA MIS according to INSETA reference number (INSETA-funded and self-funded).
- Follow up with affected BU’s regarding submitted documents.
- Ensure all documents are saved according to INSETA reference number for GRP SD.
- Follow up on 6-month progress reports as well as terminations throughout the programme.
- Collect SOR’s for all programmes for INSETA submission.
- Update Cat BCD report according to terminations and absorptions for mandatory grant disbursements.
B-BBEE Verification/WSP, ATR, And QA
- Liaising with BU’s for sampled evidence.
- QA of Evidence received from Business.
- Assisting SD Manager with spot checks and QA of LMS data.
- Recording and Tracking of gaps picked up during audit.
- Tracking of WSP/ATR template submission from BU’s.
- Grade 12/Matric.
- Relevant post-grad or degree in HR, industrial psychology, and/or data analytics.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Eye for Detail
- Energetic and Self-Motivated
- Insatiable Curiosity
- Innovative and Brave
- Collaborate across Boundaries
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
HOW TO APPLY
You apply on the Metropolitan careers portal which is accessible via the link button below:
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.