TABLE OF CONTENTS
Applications are invited from qualifying learners who are South African citizens to apply for the Erwin Robert Balde Bursary Scheme 2024.
Closing date: 20 January 2024
Erwin Robert Balde offers educational assistance for prospective candidates studying towards a BCom (CA stream) degree up to Honours level.
The scheme shall provide bursaries from 1st year BCom (CA stream) students at approved universities in South Africa.
ABOUT THE ERWIN ROBERT BALDE BURSARY SCHEME
A family company, which has always valued its self-reliance. Cape Gate (Pty) Ltd has, through vertical integration, grown from a small wire netting manufacturing company in 1962 to a major producer of wire and steel products.
The factory is situated in Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng.
Objectives and Scope of the Bursary Scheme: The objectives of the bursary scheme are to provide educational assistance for prospective candidates studying towards a B.Comm (CA stream) degree up to Honours level.
The scheme shall provide bursaries from 1st year B.Comm(CA stream) students at approved universities in
WHAT THE ERWIN ROBERT BALDE BURSARY COVERS
The value of bursaries will be defined from time to time, and will be based on the cost of:
- Full tertiary registration and tuition costs
- Residence fees that include meals, or if the bursar chooses to live privately, a generous
- living out allowance.
- Book allowance
- A personal allowance for the period that the bursar is at the tertiary institution.
- A once-off computer allowance
Applicants will be granted a bursary to study at a university only if he/she obtains at least an aggregate mark of 65% with Mathematics above 70% in matric. Applicants must also have no current financial assistance.
SELECTION CRITERIA / ELIGIBILITY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be currently in Matric (2023) or have completed Matric.
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics in MatricYou must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in Matric.
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a BComm (CA stream) degree (from undergraduate level up to Honours level).
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited University in South Africa.
- You must have proven financial need.
- You must NOT be receiving any other financial assistance.Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):Matric latest exam results (certified copy).
- Proof of admission acceptance letter from institution (on institutions letterhead)
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ERWIN ROBERT BALDE BURSARY: 20 January 2024. (Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Cape Gate (Pty) Ltd directly:
Contact Person 1: Rina Oosthuizen
Tel: 016 980 2399
Email: [email protected]
Contact Person 2: Mr Jannie v/d Berg
Tel: 016 980 2554
Email: [email protected]
Enquiries can be directed to Mrs. Rina Oosthuizen (016) 980 2399 or Mr Jannie v/d Berg (016)980 2554.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.