TABLE OF CONTENTS
The South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA) invites recent graduates to apply for an internsip opporutnity.
Closing date: 22 January 2024 at 09h00
YOUTH PROGRAMMES INTERNSHIP
The Youth Programmes at the South African Institute of International Affairs (Youth@SAIIA) is seeking a part-time paid intern to assist our team with youth participation projects, social media engagements, and events.
The candidate must be based in South Africa and legally able to work part-time in South Africa. The SAIIA offices are located in Johannesburg, South Africa. Because our current work is done both in-person and virtually, the candidate will need to have the ability to work flexibly in both situations.
Successful candidate will receive a monthly stipend that will also support internet/data, and transportation costs. This internship will run from February 2024 to October 2024.
- Assist the Youth@SAIIA team with developing and implementing the 2024 Social Media Strategy,
- Assist with logistics and event planning for youth events,
- Assist with topic packs for year-round Model United Nations and other Negotiation Simulations, and
- Assist the Youth@SAIIA team with special projects related to youth participation in policy.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, and QUALIFICATIONS
- Youth must be between the ages of 19 – 23 years of age; University/College youth should have already completed their first year of studies,
- Excited about developing social media campaigns, posts, and engagements,
- Good writing and research skills,
- Interest in global issues and a desire to be part of an active team,
- Good planning and organising skills,
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated,
- Passion for working with high school learners, teachers, and youth participants, and
- Previous youth involvement and/or volunteer experience with Youth@SAIIA is essential.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this position should complete the form below. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on Monday, 22 January 2024 at 09h00. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Should you have any queries, reach out to the Youth@SAIIA Team at [email protected].
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.