TABLE OF CONTENTS
African Exploration Mining and Finance Corporation (AEMFC) invites South African learners to apply for the 2024 Bursary Scheme.
Closing date: 29 January 2024
Students who are successful for the bursary will be given practical training or vacation work during university breaks or school holidays.
Applicants should be currently registered as second or third year students from one of the mainstream South African universities and must not have a bursary agreement with any company.
African Exploration Mining and Finance Corporation (AEMFC) is a state-owned mining company that owns and operates the Vlakfontein Open Cast Coal Mine, located within the Emalahleni Local Municipality, in Mpumalanga, South Africa.
AEMFC is a subsidiary of the Central Energy Fund (CEF) (SOC) Ltd, is dedicated to ensure that South Africa’s pivotal energy and mineral resources are harnessed, delivering both economic and societal advantages for the country and its residents.
ABOUT THE AEMFC BURSARY PROGRAMME
African Exploration Mining and Finance Corporation (AEMFC) is inviting students to apply for bursary funding for the 2024 academic year.
The first preference will be given to students residing within eMalahleni Local Municipality area.
This is a full bursary, which means the following will be covered:
- ·Full Tuition
- ·Accommodation and meals
- ·Laptop allowance
- ·Student allowance
ELIGILIBILTY FOR AEMFC BURSARY PROGRAM
To be eligible for AEMFC Bursary, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements :
- ·Must be a South African citizen.
- ·Must undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African university.
- ·Written proof of acceptance from an accredited South African mainstream university or university of technology.
- ·Proof of student accommodation (to be verified)
- ·Certified copies of SA ID and full academic record for the previous year.
- ·Must be between 16 and 25 years old.
- ·Must be studying towards a qualification in one of the fields mentioned above as second- or third-year student.
- ·Must come from a historically disadvantaged background.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications submitted after the closing date will not be accepted. For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact AEMFC directly:
Contact Person: Mthokozisi Phewa
Email Address: [email protected] 010 010 6100
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.