TABLE OF CONTENTS
Applications are open for 2024 internship opportunities at South African Music Performance Rights Assocition (SAMPRA).
Closing date: 26 January 2024
The placed intern will receive a stipend of R6 500.00 per month.
Location: The successful applicants will be placed at Paradise Africa Distribution based at 105 Oxford Road, Rosebank, Johannesburg.
SAMPRA is the biggest Needletime/Neighbouring Rights royalty collection organisation in Africa, representing recording artists and record companies.
The SAMPRA Development Fund has internship opportunities for two graduates who want to develop skills and experience in the music industry.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIPS
The applicants will gain experience in artist and label management, digital strategy & events. The applicant must have completed a post graduate qualification, BA or BCom with an accredited institution with a particular interest in the entertainment sector. The core experience areas are the following:
- Junior Label Management
- Building prospect acquisition lists which demonstrate an understanding of the qualified client and an attention to music business trends.
- Demonstrate an understanding of genres, artists, and labels relevant in the musical landscape.
- Act as a constant and reliable source of support to the label manager who will give advice and expertise for their roster of clients, always striving to add maximum value to their numerous releases and campaigns.
- Pro-actively provide insight, advice, and creative strategic planning support to the label managers who will engage with their clients in respect of their releases, catalogue, and revenue.
- Assisting the label manager in shaping and implementing new and ongoing release campaigns.
- Playlist curation across a number of DSPs.
- Demonstrate an invested interest in apps and technology that support client relations.
- Develop new media relationships and further develop our existing network list amongst relevant & new media outlets.
- Assisting and contributing to database development management and maintenance.
- Working directly with the leadership team directly on the ground and abroad.
- Personality traits that align with our goals: attention to detail, diligent, punctual, resourceful and forward thinking, initiative driven & an independent thinker.
- Paradise Representation
- Representing Paradise in the South African industry, including attending gigs, conferences and spreading the word.
- Being aware of changes and developments in the South African music market, with particular emphasis on competitor activity.
- To act as an integral member of the team with the ability to motivate and inspire others to consistently improve and develop both their skills and Paradise’s results.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends, new entrants in the DSP space, and other social, merch and fan experience vehicles that impact streaming.
The following are key requirements:
- A completed qualification in a relevant field of study;
- No work experience;
- Proof of qualification (certified copy of transcript or qualification);
- Should be close or a driving distance to Rosebank;
- A South African citizen;
- Willingness to take instructions and follow company rules and protocols;
- Passionate about music and possess positive energy, and
- Outgoing and vibrant personality.
HOW TO SPPLY
All interns will be required to attend company events (some might include Saturdays or evenings). Should you possess all the above qualities and meet most of the requirements, please email a concise CV and certified copies of your qualifications and/or transcripts to [email protected] by close of business, 26 January 2024.
The internship will be for a period of 12 months at Paradise Africa Distribution. Should you not hear from us six weeks after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful as communication will only be entered into with shortlisted applicants.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.