TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is hiring and invites applications for the job vacancy: Temporary: Document & Records Management Administrator x3.
Closing Date: 18 January 2024
- Reporting Line: Manager: Document and Records Management
- Ref: HDATDRM001
- Remuneration: R 13 658.33 per month (all-inclusive package)
- Period: Six (6) Month Temporary contract position.
Location: Head Office – Johannesburg
To assist in ensuring an enterprise-wide records and document management system is effectively implemented with the capability to ensure the effective storage and retrieval of documents across the national HDA structure.
ABOUT THE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (HDA)
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that inter alia has the mandate to identify, acquire, prepare, and develop suitable land for human settlements.
The Agency also undertakes the programme and project management for development of housing and human settlements.
The HDA carries out its functions in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government as well as with communities, developers and financiers.
Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements.
The HDA has the following: Temporary: Document & Records Management Administrator x3
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Performance Areas:
- EDRMS Maintenance and Implementation
- Verify the accuracy and integrity of the scanned document and records on the system.
- Support the effective management of HDA’s records from creation to disposal.
- Improve HDA efficiency and ensuring the preservation of archives.
- Assist on scanning and indexing of records.
- Assist on protecting records against unauthorized access and alteration.
2. Document storage
- Ensure that the storage of records conforms to the legal requirements.
- Assist on controlling the movement of records.
- Analyse and report on storage maintenance.
3. Document management process implementation
- Assist with the dentification of document content types, controls, and workflow.
- Assist with the planning of the organization of documents.
- Assist with the planning the movement of records between locations (physical files).
- Assist on ensuring that processes are developed as per approved policies.
- Assist on ensuring an effective archiving structure.
- Assist on ensuring that the documents stored can be retrieved.
- Assist on coordination of off-site archiving and retrieval of documents and interacting directly with off-site storage vendors.
- Ensure effective indexing and tracking of documents for complex business, legal and regulatory purposes.
4. Administrative responsibilities
- Respond to daily requests for information.
- Assist with the retrieval and tracking of files.
- Manage information, in term of:
- Where it is located
- Manage access controls.
- Ensure security thereof.
- Provide an advisory service to end users.
- Standardisation of processes / systems within the HDA
- Grade 12/ Matric
- Computer Literacy
- Qualification or one (1) year experience in records and archives management, information management.
- Knowledge in the management of records and its legislative frameworks governing the management of records in South Africa.
- Knowledge Electronics Document and Records Management System (EDRMS) will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
To submit your application, please send an email [email protected]
When submitting your application for a position, please adhere to the following:
- CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered.
- The Job Title and Reference number for the relevant position must appear in the subject line of your application.
- The CV must be in PDF format.
- Copies of all qualifications must be provided.
- Copies of identity document must be provided.
- Two contactable references must be provided.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- The HDA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy and priority given to people living with disabilities and females.
- The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within twenty-one (21) working days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful. Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications is 18 January 2024.Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.