TABLE OF CONTENTS
Rand Water is hiring and invites qualified and interested candidates to apply for the vacancy: Gardener [x3 posts].
Closing Date : 24 January 2024
|Job Type Classification
Location: Zwartkopjes, Johannesburg, Gauteng
The successful candidate will maintain and develop EMS landscapes and facilities using various horticultural equipment, machines and tools in a labour intensive work environment as instructed.
ABOUT RAND WATER
Rand Water is the largest bulk water utility in Africa and is one of the largest in the world, providing bulk potable water to over 16 million people in Gauteng, parts of Mpumalanga, the Free State and North West – an area that stretches over 37 000 km2.
Our Head Office is based in Glenvista, Johannesburg, South Africa. Two large pumping and purification stations at Vereeniging and Zuikerbosch; Four main booster stations at Zwartkopjes, Palmiet, Mapleton and Eikenhof.
We operate thirteen tertiary pumping stations and 60 strategically located service reservoirs and secondary booster stations; as well as multi-billion Rand regional pipeline network of approximately 3500km.
Our geographical expansion has seen us provide water and sanitation services in Mpumalanga, Free State and North West province.
With respect to expansion on the continent, we are guided by bilateral and regional trade agreements entered by South African government with a view to pursuing opportunities that exist in those new markets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• General horticultural site maintenance and developments.
• Cleaning, sweeping, weeding, watering and planting of plants.
• Applications of fertilisers, compost and mulches.
• Loading and offloading of goods, machines, plants and debris etc.
• Use of horticultural machinery such as lawnmowers and brush cutters.
• Support with decorations and construction when required.
- • Standard 10 and six months relevant horticultural experience.
- • Physical ability to operate horticultural machinery such as a brush cutter and lawnmowers etc.
- • Basic safety knowledge and ability to undertake the work.
- • Horticultural skill • Basic safety knowledge
- • Mowers and Brush cutters
- • Basic plant knowledge • Use of hand tools
- • Communication (Verbal & Written)
• Customer orientated
• Safety conscious
• Team player
HOW TO APPLY
Rand Water are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, preference will be given to females and/ or people with disabilities to give effect to Rand Water’s Employment Equity objectives.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.