TABLE OF CONTENTS
Sasol South Africa (Pty) Ltd invites qualifying candidates to submit applications for the vacancy: Operator [x15 posts].
Closing Date: 23 January 2024
Location: Ekandustria (Bronkhorstspruit), ZA
- To prepare work area for start-up and packaging.
- Make label stickers using the label sticker machine and scanner.
- Prepare boxes for packaging.
- Operate/weighing and inspection of cartridges including shutdown
Sasol South Africa (Pty) Ltd operates as a chemicals and energy company. The Company produces fuels and oils, chemicals, polymers, fertilizers, and gas products.
Although Sasol operates in the South Africa, it is a global integrated chemicals and energy company with a 70-year heritage.
Through our talented people, we use our expertise and selected technologies to safely and sustainably source, manufacture and market chemical and energy products globally.
When you join Team Sasol, you are joining a company that puts people at the center of everything we do.
Sasol invests in its employees along every stage of the career path and offers development opportunities to help you cultivate your career in a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion.
- Plant & Equipment – Ensure safety equipment is available and in working order. Correct tools and equipment available. Ensure plant and surrounding areas are clean
- Plant Operation – Plant operated according to operating manual and safety instructions
- Administration – Communicate with KP machine operators and mixers regarding production schedule issues
- Adhering to legislation – ISO, CIE & 5S Systems
- Maintenance & Statutory Inspection – Prepares plant for maintenance and assists with repairs where possible
- Do quality checks on manufactured products
- General housekeeping inside the production area
- Operators are also required to report on daily production and breakdowns
- Manually updating production graphs after daily production on the wall next to each production cell
- Grade 12
- 3 months+ experience in Explosives manufacturing
CERTIFICATES AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Collaboration: The action of working with someone to produce something
Compliance: Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
Execution capability: The underlying ability to execute a strategy/project or day to day work
Problem Solving: Is a step-by-step process of defining a problem, searching for information, and testing a series of solutions until the problem is solved. In involves critical thinking, analysis, and persistence.
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
HOW TO APPLY
Sasol is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Inspired by our Purpose of “Innovating for a better world”, Sasol acknowledges that diversity is intrinsic to the fabric of our organisation and is the key to our growth and success.
Sasol is committed to the full inclusion of all suitably qualified individuals.
Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and people with disabilities according to Sasol’s Employment Equity Plan.
This includes reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Should you not be contacted in 6 weeks after the closing date, please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.