TABLE OF CONTENTS
MTO Group is recruiting and invites suitably quailfied professionals to apply for the Production Supervisor Internship opportunity for 2024.
Closing date: 23 January 2024
Location: George Sawmill, George, Western Cape
This person will be placed on a 12-month intern fixed-term contract in which he will be training in various departments in the Sawmill operations i.e., Greenchain, Wetmill, Kilns, Drymill, Reworks, Dispatch and Sales. During this time, he will receive training, guidance, and assistance in maturing him into a supervisor which can be utilised in any department within the Sawmill when required.
ABOUT MTO GROUP
The MTO’s core business is forestry and manufacturing with additional business interests in Agriculture, Biomass Energy and Ecotourism. We produce timber from our internationally accredited pine plantations in the Eastern and Western Cape, and Eucalyptus plantations in Mpumalanga.
DUTIES & RESRONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance with general Health and Safety regulations
- Maintain and improve production throughput and quality standards
- Be able to meet production targets.
- Be able to drive visual management as tool to improve productivity.
- Manage quality control.
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Wood Technology / Wood Technology Diploma or relevant qualifications and experience.
- Experience in the sawmilling manufacturing environment
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Must be able to lead and manage own staff
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be medically fit, able to pass occupational medical test
- Computer literate (MS Excel & Word)
- Previous supervisory experience will be advantageous.
- Must be able to lead and manage a team of ± 40 employees
- Excellent communication and interpretive skills
- Be able to read, write and converse in English / Afrikaans / Xhosa
- Must be prepared to work shifts and overtime
- Self-motivated, hardworking individual that can work in a team
- Elementary mechanical and electrical knowledge would be advantageous
- Planning and production.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and summary of qualifications to Armand Burger [email protected]. Any enquiries regarding this position can also be directed to Armand Burger
Closing date: 23 Jan 2024
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.