TABLE OF CONTENTS
Clicks Group invites suitably qualified professionals to submit applications for the Learnership Programme (Pharmacist Assistant – LB) 2024.
Closing date: 30 January 2024
- Industry: Wholesale & Retail Trade
- Job category: Other: FMCG, Retail, Wholesale and Supply Chain
- Contract: Fixed Term Contract
- Remuneration: Market Related
- EE position: Yes
Location: Graff Reinet, Northern Cape, South Africa
Do you want to work and obtain a qualification at the same time? Are you passionate about healthcare and delivering superior patient care?
Clicks has an exciting opportunity available to complete a Learnership Programme to qualify as a Pharmacist Assistant. The position reports to the Pharmacy Manager.
ABOUT CLICKS GROUP
Founded nearly 55 years ago in 1968, Clicks Group is the country’s leading health, beauty and wellness retailer and the largest retail pharmacy chain, with an expanding network of over 850 stores and 670 pharmacies supported by a growing omni channel presence.
As a leader in the healthcare market, Clicks Group is committed to increasing access to affordable primary healthcare for all South Africans through its Clicks Retail pharmacy, pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution businesses.
Listed on the JSE since 1996, Clicks Group’s sustained financial performance and growth in shareholder value has seen the group included in the FTSE/JSE Top 40 Index for the past six years. We care about and contribute to the wellbeing of people, the environment and communities.
We are passionate about leading innovation within the unique attributes of our Group. Our focus on a clear vision and growth strategy provides our people with unlimited opportunities.
Our Group’s talent strategy is to employ customer-centric people with a confident, ‘can do’ attitude, who are committed and professional.
ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP
- Successfully complete a National Certificate: Pharmacy Assistance Learnership Programme (Learner Basic Pharmacist Assistant) and a Further Education and Training Certificate: Pharmacist Assistance (Learner Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant) through the accredited Pharmacy Healthcare Academy
- A structured learning programme that consists of a theoretical and practical component and that leads to a qualification that is registered on the National Qualification Framework (NQF)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Learner on this programme you will be required to meet the following objectives:
- Successfully complete the Learnership Training Contracts at a registered Clicks Pharmacy and under an approved tutor
- Attend the required training interventions and successfully complete the competency assessments
- Submit a Portfolio of Evidence
- Provide support to the healthcare team in one of the Click’s Pharmacies under the supervision of a registered Pharmacist and within the legal scope of practice as outlined by the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC)
- Essential requirement: completion of Grade 12 with a minimum of 50% in Mathematics (or 60% in Mathematical Literacy) ; 50% in English and a Pass in Life Science (Biology)/Physics
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Skills, Abilities and Job Related Knowledge:
- Customer service orientated
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer Literacy
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Working with People
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Relating and Networking
- Planning and Organising
HOW TO APPLY
Work back agreement:
- Successful applicants will be required to enter into a work back agreement and will be required to work for Clicks as a qualified Pharmacist Assistant for a period equal to the length of the learnership period as a minimum
- 45hrs 6days
Kindly note that only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted.
We are committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.