TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Western Cape Government invites applications for the First Work Experience PAY Programme 2024 for unemployed youth.
Closing date: 26 January 2024
|FIRST WORK EXPERIENCE PAY PROGRAMME 2024/2025
|Department of the Premier
Location: Cape Town, CBD
The First Work Experience Pay Programme will provide matriculants from 2022 and 2023 with work experience and training within one of the Western Cape Government Departments beginning 1 April 2024 until 31 March 2025.
During this time you will receive a monthly stipend to cover your expenses. The First Work Experience PAY Programme aims to create the opportunity for matriculants to gain workplace experience in the Western Cape Government (WCG).
The internship allows for a year of mentoring, decision-making about a future career, on-the-job training and exposure to skills training and development to make the intern more employable.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
On-the-job administration experience, training and development will be provided in the following departments:
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport
- Department of Economic Development and Tourism
- Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning
- Department of Infrastructure
- Department of Local Government
- Department of Police Oversight and Community Safety
- Department of Social Development
- Department of the Premier
- Provincial Treasury
- Western Cape Education Department
- Western Cape Government Health and Wellness
- Western Cape Mobility Department
- 24 years old or younger.
- Wrote and passed the National Senior Certificate (NSC) in the Western Cape in 2022 or 2023 academic years.
- Not going to study further in 2024.
- South African citizen, residing in the Western Cape.
- Have no network or support to help you make informed career choices.
- Not sure of your next step after school.
- Financially constrained (household income less than R350,000 p/a).
- No work experience and have not studied after matric.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Proven computer literacy (MS Office);
- Ability to operate office equipment;
- Planning and organising skills.
WHAT YOU BENEFIT
What will you achieve?
- Work experience in the public sector.
- Contactable references for your brand new CV.
- A set of skills and experiences that will make you more marketable and employable.
- A year in which to make informed career choices together with a network to back it up.
In addition you could:
- Improve your NSC results to enhance your chances of being accepted for university/TVET College.
HOW TO APPLY
Only online applications will be considered. Applicants who passed the final examinations will be considered. The final results will be verified with the Western Cape Education Department.
Also, other personal information and documentation will be verified in terms of legislation. Applicants are requested to attach the following documents to their profile:
- Your Curriculum Vitae (preferably in MS Word)
- Your Identity document (ID)
- Your National Senior Certificate (or advice of results)
- If you don’t have an email address, create one at a free email site like Gmail or Yahoo. You will need it to apply.
- Please save your username and password in a secure place so that you are able to access it should you need to.
- Find the public library closest to you with internet access.
- Find the Thusong Service Centre closest to you and determine if they have internet.
We’ll be verifying each applicant’s National Senior Certificate (NSC) results with the Western Cape Education Department as well as any other relevant documentation.
Please note the following:
- Applicants will only be appointed once they’ve passed a security check, which includes having their fingerprints taken.
- Applicants must ensure that they open bank accounts before undergoing a personal security check.
- Applicants must also ensure that they register with SARS to obtain a tax number before the personnel security check.
- Once you’ve registered successfully, you’ll receive an email with your username and password (one time pin number).
- You’ll use this username and password to complete your application.
- After completing the application, you’ll receive a message: “You have successfully applied for the First Work Experience PAY internship.”
- Kindly note, to avoid possible conflict of interest, we will not accept applications from persons whose family members are employed in a middle or senior management position within the Western Cape Government.
For more information:
If you have difficulties with the online application, contact the helpline at 086 137 0214.
For any other queries you can call the PAY Office: 021 483 0742/ 9456/ 2024 during office hours. Or download the flyers below:
Make it happen
- Complete the online application https://westerncapegov-interns.erecruit.co (applications opened on Wednesday, 10 January 2024).
- Come prepared to write a brief statement regarding your key skills and abilities, key achievements and experiences and career objectives.
- Closing date for applications: Friday, 26 January 2024.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.