TABLE OF CONTENTS
Moqhaka Municipality is hiring and invites qualifying professionals to apply for the job vacancy: Security Officer [x12 posts].
Closing date: 16 January 2024
TERM OF APPOINTMENT: PERMANENT
- SALARY: R 147 745, 15pa (Excluding Benefits)
- SALARY: POST LEVEL 14/12 OF GRADE 9 MUNICIPALITY
LOCATION: Kroonstad x 4, Steynsrus x 4, Viljoenskroon x4
ABOUT MOQHAKA MUNICIPALITY
Moqhaka Municipality is a local municipality within the Fezile Dabi District Municipality, in the Free State province of South Africa.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
A. SITE PATROL FUNCTIONS
- Conducting Visual checks to establish entrances to the building are secured during the night
- Patrolling the area and identifying with any deviations or breaches to security procedures (parameter lights not switched on, security gates not closed, etc.)
- Interacting with persons found on site to establish reasons and or alerting the immediate superior and/ or law enforcement personnel during emergencies/ suspected break ins and related incidents
- Communicating the status of security at the premises through verbal interaction with immediate superior at defined intervals during the shift
B. ENTRY/ EXIT CONTROL
- Controlling the entry/ exit of personnel/ visitors from premises and / or checking vehicles
- Recording registration and driver details in the gate control register.
- Grade 12
- Grade C and Fire Ann Certificate
- 1 Year experience
- Ability to stand for long hours
- The incumbent must be willing to work shifts, overtime and standby where applicable, subject to Labour Relations Act, Basic Conditions of Service and other relevant conditions and legislation.
- Driver’s License
- No Criminal Record
- Physical Fitness
- Able to distinguish and separate relevant and important information;
- Takes in information quickly and accurately;
- Reviews all the information gathered to understand the situation and draw logical conclusions;
- Identifies and links causes and effects;
- Identifies what can and cannot be changed;
- Takes a systematic approach to solving problems;
- Remains impartial and avoids jumping to conclusions;
- Refers to statutes, procedures and precedents, as necessary, before making decisions; and
- Makes good decisions that take account of all relevant factors.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note: Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive applications will not be acknowledged, should you not be contacted within three (3) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Only candidates who meet the abovementioned requirements and competencies will be shortlisted. Candidate should note that some of the above-mentioned competencies may at the discretion of the Council be formally assessed as part of the selection process.
Canvassing of Councillors and Officials to be appointed will not be allowed and will lead to disqualification. Successful candidates appointed will be subject to qualification verification, security vetting, and criminal records checking.
The successful candidate will be required to sign an employment contract before commencement performance agreement (within 60 days after completion of three (3) months’ probation period) and disclosure of financial interest within 60 days of appointment.
Applications forms are available on the link at the bottom of this post. Written applications that specifies the position being applied for together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of your Identity Document, qualifications and driver’s license (if applicable) must be forwarded to the Municipal Manager Ms. PH Tshabalala, Moqhaka Local Municipality, P.O Box 302, Kroonstad, 9500,
Or be hand-delivered at Municipal Building, Hill Street, Kroonstad, 9500. Faxed, c-mailed and late applications will not be considered.
A person who fails to complete the prescribed application form will not be considered.
Enquiries: Ms. I Molefe Tel: 056 216 9412
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.