TABLE OF CONTENTS
Afrimat Mining Services is hiring and applications are invited for the job vacancy: Stockpile Controllers [x5 posts].
Closing date: 19 January 2024
Location: Afrimat Mining Services Lyleveld Siding
The candidates must be medically fit in terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act and the Company standards for medical fitness.
Afrimat is a leading mid-tier mining and materials company. The Group listed on the JSE Main Board in 2006 and is currently listed in the Basic Materials: General Mining sector.
The group supplies a broad range of products ranging from Construction Materials (aggregates, bricks, blocks, pavers and readymix concrete), Industrial Minerals (lime and lime products), and Bulk Commodities (iron ore, anthracite and manganese).
As part of Afrimat’s diversification strategy, we are constantly looking for more opportunities to grow our product offering.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stockpiles to be placed in demarcated areas according to marks on the rail
- Stockpile floors maintained
- Quality control and correct product on allocated stockpiles by ensuring the material is placed on the right pile
- Stockpile signs to be cleaned with a cloth if the signs are dusty
- Traffic control on tipping areas by alerting trucks and front-end loader operators on the quantities to be offloaded
- Loading and rectifying of train wagons will be required
- Perform any other manual work required on site
- Grade 12 certificate
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Physical fitness and stamina to work long hours
- Be prepared to work after hours when needed
- Will be able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Will be able to work independently as well in a team environment
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Attention to detail
- Honest and Reliable
- Adaptable to change
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Self disciplined and motivated
HOW TO APPLY
Click or tap the relevant button below each job title above to apply directly on the Afrimat careers portal.
In line with the Company’s commitment to Employment Equity and diversifying its workforce, applications from the designated groups and historically disadvantaged students will be given priority consideration.
Afrimat is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices that sustains consistent delivery towards diversity and inclusion, effective performance and job engagement.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Company reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Closing Date: 19 January 2024
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.