TABLE OF CONTENTS
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS) invites qualifying youth to apply for the Climate Diplomacy Academy 2024.
Closing date: 26 January 2024
Join the 4th Climate Diplomacy Academy (CDA2024) to enhance your understanding of climate change, diplomacy, and contribute to global solutions.
The Academy consists of a series of online tutorials which are aimed to;
- a. Strengthen participants’ understanding of climate change and related impacts.
- b. Enhance understanding of climate diplomacy as a key mechanism for building more responsive climate action at the local, regional and global levels.
- c. Promote understanding of the pertinent challenges that diplomats and negotiators are facing in their efforts to build momentum and actions towards realizing the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement.
A three-day physical conference will take place at the end of June 2024 at Strathmore University, Nairobi. KAS will cover all costs related to participation in this physical conference for selected participants.
ABOUT KONRAD ADENAUER STIFTUNG (KAS)
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS) is a German Political Foundation committed to fostering democracy
and the rule of law, implementing social and market-economic structures, and promoting human rights
Currently, KAS hosts more than 200 projects in around 100 countries on four continents with about 80 field offices, including 20 offices in Sub-Saharan Africa. The KAS Regional Programme Energy Security and Climate Change in Sub-Saharan Africa has been operational since 2016 with its head office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Through the coordination of activities in the Sub-Saharan part of the continent, the Programme has a mission to improve the political and social framework for climatefriendly sustainable development, stronger regional and international cooperation on energy, security, and climate action in Sub-Saharan Africa countries.
The fight against global warming, the sustainable use of resources and adaptation, and mitigation of
climate-related risks and disasters are among the greatest challenges facing the world today.
Multilateralism and international diplomacy are key to finding solutions to these global tasks.
Within this context, the Regional Programme Energy Security and Climate Change in Sub-Saharan Africa
in partnership with Strathmore University will implement the 4th Climate Diplomacy Academy
(CDA2024) from April to June 2024.
Age: Below 35
Studying: International Studies, Environmental Science, Political Science, Development Studies, or related fields Proficiency in English
Commitment: 5 hours/week from April to June 2024
Availability to travel to Nairobi, Kenya in the week of 17th June 2024
HOW TO APPLY
Interested students/young professionals should submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae, not more than two pages
- Letter of motivation
- A short essay (1-2 pages) on the following topic: How can international cooperation strengthen
the fight against climate change and its impacts in Africa?
All documents must be submitted as one PDF to [email protected]
Deadline for applications: 26th January 2024. Only applications received by this deadline will be
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.