TABLE OF CONTENTS
Bridgestone South Africa invites qualifying candidates to apply for the 2024 Legal Graduate-In-Training Programme.
Closing Date: 19 January 2024
- JobReq ID: 51765
- Type of work: Hybrid
- Type of contract: Internship
- Full/Part Time: Full time
- Location: Midrand, ZA
We are looking for enthusiastic self-starters to join our Graduate in Trainee Program in the Legal department for the 2024/25 period.
As a Graduate, your responsibilities include shadowing various staff members, participating in learning experiences, attending meetings and workshops, and traveling to other working environments to gain practical experience. You should keep an accurate record of your time at the company and be able to be evaluated at the end of the program.
ABOUT BRIDGESTONE SOUTH AFRICA
Bridgestone SA is a leader in the automotive industry and evolving from a premium tyre producer to a mobility solutions provider.
Today, Bridgestone develops, manufactures, and markets tyres for passenger, light truck, truck, bus, earthmoving, agricultural, motorcycle, and aircraft application.
Leading the way in this new millennium, Bridgestone develops leading technology to keep us at the top of our industry, providing our customers with innovative, quality products.
Our achievements in motor racing around the world is mirrored in the enhanced performance you can experience after fitting a set of Bridgestone tyres.
All job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate in particular on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gathering as much information on the company and participating in on-the-job training wherever possible.
- Participating in meetings, workshops, and team-building events where applicable.
- Compiling reports and conducting presentations.
- Analyzing existing processes and offering new ideas for improvement.
- Completing fieldwork or visiting different work sites when required.
- Upholding the company’s integrity and values at all times.
- Additional tasks according to the department/ business unit you will belong to, to gain on the job training.
- Regular performance evaluation and coaching will be conducted throughout the graduate program.
Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma or equivalent qualification in the following fields:
- Law / LLB
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research abilities and a growth mindset.
- Strong administrative skills will be an added advantage.
- A positive attitude
- Ability to work with a diverse team
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Qualified candidates need to demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Agility – to work in a matrix, complex and fast paced environment.
- Courage – to share ideas, challenge the status quo.
- Ownership – to see the bigger picture and take ownership by thinking and acting beyond the role (self-starter)
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY?
- We are passionate about our people and want to offer them the opportunity to develop and grow.
- You never stop learning. You will have the possibility to develop yourself via our Learning Management System that is also connected to LinkedIn Learning.
- Bridgestone as a global company drives your career to the next level by offering you possibilities to work in an international setting.
- You will have the opportunity to work with leading technologies.
- You will have the opportunity to experience a dynamic and challenging environment and work on different and innovative projects.
- We help you to drive your career path onward and upward work in a culture of feedback that recognizes you and helps your development.
- You will work in a healthy and safety environment, as safety is a key priority area in Bridgestone.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in our Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Process Next Steps: All applications will be reviewed. The HR team will contact those applicants who we would like to invite for the next stage of the recruitment process.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.