TABLE OF CONTENTS
Absa Bank is hiring and invites qualifying professionals to apply for the job vacancy: Facility Agent.
Closing date: 19 January 2024
Location: Sandton, Gauteng
CIB Investment Banking Division is currently looking for a Facility Agent to manage a Pan-Africa portfolio , primarily responsible for the agency function of syndicated loans, acting as a mediator between borrower and lenders , ensuring timely resolution of financial undertakings.
The candidate will also be responsible for deal management of a portfolio of clients
Absa Group Limited, commonly known simply as Absa and formerly the Amalgamated Banks of South Africa (ABSA) until 2005 and Barclays Africa Group Limited until 2018, is a multinational banking and financial services conglomerate based in Johannesburg, South Africa and listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us!
Attend to the Financial Administration of syndicated loans in accordance with the provisions of the relevant facilities agreements and finance documents with appropriate attention to detail. This would entail, inter alia:
- interpreting Facilities Agreements and other finance documents for purposes of generating cash flows models based on that documentation;
- generating cashflows models in ACBS for purposes of communicating to Lenders amounts due by or to them from Borrowers;
- attending to issue of interest reset letters on interest reset dates, as well as commitment fee letters and other correspondence communicating amounts payable by, or to, Borrowers;
- addressing queries from Lenders relating to cashflows (and where applicable, cashflows models) with a view to agreeing a common position among Lenders in relation to payments due by or to them before communicating this to Borrowers;
- responding to queries from, and challenges by, Borrowers in relation to cashflows due by or to them and/or payments previously made by or to them;
- liaising with IBD Loan Operations and PCG for purposes of effecting cashflows payments to, and allocate cashflows payments received by, Borrowers and Lenders, including those relating to loan draw downs, repayments, and prepayments, as well as interest payments, fees (arrangement and commitment fees) and expenses recoverable in terms of Facilities Agreements and other finance documents;
- Attending to ad hoc request from Lenders and Borrower in relation to Financial Administration;
- Support the Agency team generally with the general management of syndicated facilities, including (but not limited to) assisting with:
- monitoring Borrower compliance with relevant documentation;
- liaison with internal and external parties;
- facilitating waivers, consents, amendments and supplements to documentation, as well as with assignments of commitments and participations in loans;
- arranging and/or chairing meetings between the Lenders, Lawyers and/or Borrowers on transactions;
- coordinating Lender inputs required for decision making;
- assisting with pitches for new Agency roles; and
- reviewing draft documentation to ensure that the role of the Facility Agent is in line with the LMA standard.
- B Comm/Hons
- An advantage
- 3-5 years Investment Banking experience
- Transaction Management Experience/Agency
- Working experience of commercial loan documentation
- Ability to prioritise and work calmly using own initiative, frequently to tight deadlines, with a varied/heavy workload
- Ability to establish effective working relationship with Borrower/Lenders
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Working knowledge of syndicated loan documentation
- Understanding of debt products
- ACBS knowledge
- Understanding of operational model
- Excellent IT skills
- Personal & Interpersonal Skills
HOW TO APPLY
Join us on this exciting journey to develop your skills and make a meaningful impact in the world of banking.
You apply online for this exciting opportunity. Please click on the link below to view further detail and/ or apply. Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.