TABLE OF CONTENTS
Mediclinic Southern Africa is hiring and invites qualifying professionals to apply for the job vacancy: Reception Administrator.
Closing date: 11 January 2024
Number of positions: 1
Recruiter name: Nadine Lizelle Hearne
Reference number: 45563
Workplace Type: On-site, Permanent
ABOUT MEDICLINIC SOUTHERN AFRICA
Mediclinic South Africa is a private hospital group operating in South Africa and Namibia focused on providing acute care, specialist-orientated, multi-disciplinary hospital services and related service offerings.
Mediclinic places science at the heart of their care process by striving to provide evidence-based care of the highest standard.
The group currently operates 47 hospitals, 14 day clinics, 5 sub-acute and 3 mental health facilities throughout South Africa and 3 private hospitals in Namibia, with more than 8661 beds. These numbers include day clinics and sub-acute and specialised hospitals operated by Intercare, in which Mediclinic Southern Africa holds a majority stake.
Mediclinic Group currently has three operating divisions – Mediclinic Southern Africa, which operates throughout South Africa and Namibia; Hirslanden operates in Switzerland and Mediclinic Middle East which operates in the United Arab Emirates.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To assist patients in all aspects of admissions and discharges in a professional manner; preventing operational and financial risks to the organisation and exceeding client expectations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Ensure admissions (including pre-admissions / bookings) are captured and processed as per procedure
- Identify and prevent financial risks by adhering to policies and procedures
- Ensure an effective discharge process as per the Patient Administration Manual
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Grade 12 certificate or equivalent
JOB SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Debtpack Enquiry application (Check outstanding amounts if a patient is flagged as Blacklisted.)
- Admission; Bed functions; Preparation for next day and discharge processes
- Anatomy (including terminology)
- Hospitals switchboard systems
- Patient Administration policies and procedures (e.g. Patient Confidentiality; Cash Handling; Blacklisted patients; Bed Overrides; etc.)
- Patient admin programmes on the AS400 system
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- ICD and CPT codes
- Medical Aid Schemes and the Private healthcare environment
- Workmans Compensation Act (WCA) processes; procedures and policies
- Emergency / Major Incident Protocol (e.g.. Fire; floods; robbery)
- Identifying possible financial risks (e.g. blacklisted patients; handling of patient valuables; etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
Mediclinic wants to alert candidates that third parties are from time to time fraudulently advertising vacancies at Mediclinic and / or offering employment contracts with subsequent payment instructions to accounts linked to the fraudulent activity.
Please note that Mediclinic will never request payment for an application or offer made. All official vacancies are advertised on the Mediclinic career website and candidates are advised to visit the site to confirm the validity of vacancies.
All applicants will be considered, with the understanding that preference will be given in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of Mediclinic Southern Africa, as well as internal applicants/employees that meet the minimum requirements.
Please note if you are an internal employee on a fixed term contract please apply using an external candidate profile and not your employee profile.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.