TABLE OF CONTENTS
ACCORD invites applications from South African based NGOs/CBOs working on local peace initiatives that can advance the #WPS agenda, to join our 2024 South African Peacebuilding Initiative on WPS!
⏳Deadline: 27 January 2024.
The African Centre for the Constructive Resolution of Disputes (ACCORD) is a civil society institution headquartered in Durban, South Africa.
ACCORD specialises in the field of conflict prevention, resolution and management, working across Africa to bring creative solutions to the challenges posed by conflict.
With over 31 years of experience, ACCORD aims to bring conflict resolution, dialogue and institutional development to the forefront as an alternative to armed violence. ACCORD works with key actors in the field of peace and security, which includes the African Union (AU), Regional Economic Communities (RECs), national governments, and key stakeholders including women and youth.
ABOUT THE INITIATIVE
ACCORD will embark on a year-long project in South Africa focused on the South African National Action Plan (SA NAP) on WPS , with emphasison the participation and prevention pillar to ensure a more concerted effort in the local implementation of the agenda.
In so doing, ACCORD plans to work with a total of 12 South African based non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and community-based organisations (CBOs) who are working on peace programmes and local peacebuilding initiatives that can advance the WPS agenda.
As South Africa approaches the 2024 elections, we would are interested to receive applications from NGOs/CBOs who focus on elections-related work.
The initiative will provide training in conflict management and peacebuilding, and will have a focus on the role of local women peacebuilders in preventing elections-related conflicts.
Selected organisations must nominate an individual from within the organisation to represent them for the full duration of the initiative.
Activities will include participating in webinars, virtual conferences, training sessions and e-meetings to connect with other local peacebuilders.
- Selected organisations and their nominated focal point must commit to completing the 12-month initiative.
- Nominated focal point must actively participate and attend all activities of the initiative, which includes reading of training materials; completing reflection exercises; meeting deadlines; participating in evaluation or assessment processes; engaging in group discussions or workshops and presenting findings or progress updates.
- Nominated focal point must commit to ensuring that imparted skills are shared and implemented within the organisation and communities at large.
- South African-based and South African-focused NGO/CBO working on building peace in one of the following provinces: KwaZulu-Natal, Western Cape and Gauteng.
- Organisation must have at least one of these thematic areas as a programme or focus area; WPS, local peacebuilding and election-related initiatives. A programme or focus area in all the above areas mentioned would be an added advantage.
- Representation from established NGOs/CBOs with at least 5+ years of related experience.
- Able to demonstrate strong community engagement and outreach in the communities where the organisation operates.
- Holds a leadership position within their respective organisation.
- Women peacebuilders who have knowledgeable understanding in at least one of these areas; WPS, local peacebuilding and election-related initiatives.
- Women, Gender-Non Conforming persons and men who are interested in WPS, local peacebuilding and election-related initiatives.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the application form on or before the 27th of January 2024 – 17:00 pm SAST. We look forward to receiving your application! For more information visit www.accord.org.za
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.