TABLE OF CONTENTS
Motus invites qualifying persons to submit applications for the 2024 Apprentice Level 1 – Mercedes-Benz Bedfordview.
Closing date: 11 January 2024
|Apprentice L1 – Mercedes-Benz Bedfordview
|Job Type Classification
Location: Bedfordview, Gauteng, South Africa
Mercedes-Benz Bedfordview currently holds vacancy for an Apprentice L1. Reporting to the Line Manager, the primary purpose of this position is to repair Passenger Cars & Vans according to dealer/distributor’s standards and specifications in the most productive way.
- To provide a technical and diagnostic service within the service department.
- To utilize modern diagnostic equipment to maximum in effecting vehicle service and to interpret findings.
- To discuss service detail with customer as required.
- To accomplish servicing of electric equipment as required.
Motus is a diversified (non-manufacturing) business in the automotive sector with unrivalled scale and scope in South Africa, and a selected international presence mainly in the United Kingdom and Australia and a limited presence in South East Asia, and Southern and East Africa.
Motus employs over 19 800 people globally and has a track record for steady growth and dependable value creation that spans over 75 years.
Motus is a diversified (non-manufacturing) business in the automotive sector and is South Africa’s leading automotive group, with unrivalled scale and scope across the automotive value chain.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out fault diagnosis to aid and speed vehicle servicing.
- Ensure diagnostic equipment is used in vehicle examinations.
- Ensure DCSA procedures and policies are carried out during repairs & printouts kept.
- Ensure faults are accurately diagnosed to customers’ satisfaction.
- Discuss matter with Service Advisors as required and provide lucid explanations.
- Co-Operate in vehicle care and safety whilst dealing with vehicles.
- Ensure that comebacks are limited to minimum.
- Attend to breakdown calls as and when required.
- Ensure vehicles are returned to customer after service in neat, clean condition.
- All parts to be signed for at parts department and used on relevant vehicle.
- Unused parts to be returned to parts department.
- Ensure diagnosis leads to most cost-effective and accurate remedy to fault or customer complaint.
- Give advice or use techniques which ensure quality but safe time.
- Provide a fault finding and systems diagnostic service on motor vehicles to aid and speed the work of mechanics.
- Complete forms and documentation included in the company’s service routine.
- Draft and prepare any reports required.
- Make suggestions and give advice regarding any special promotional campaign and take part in campaign.
- Ensure that overalls and work area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Job Cards to be complete in full and handed to service advisor as soon as vehicle is repaired and repair clocking carried out correctly.
- Attend training courses provided by Daimler and Cargo Motors.
- Assist with other reasonable requested duties as and when required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 – Maths and Physical Science
- N2 –Engineering Science, Technical Drawing, Maths, Motor Trade Theory
- Valid Drivers’ License
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Good Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Ability to operate under pressure and in a team environment
- Attention to Details
HOW TO APPLY
Motus are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible.
Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.
As part of our recruitment process, we will screen applicants against the Financial Intelligence Centre requirements, where appropriate, and where relevant to the inherent job requirements.
*Please note that candidates not contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date must consider their applications as unsuccessful*.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.