TABLE OF CONTENTS
Amazon Commercial Services (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd is currently advertising for the 2024 Sales & Account Management Intern job opening.
Closing date: on-going
Location: South Africa
As an Account Rep intern, you will learn how Amazon handles its marketplace business whilst working amongst a team of account managers where you will learn the core skills required to launch selling partners and provide a suite of services designed to support Amazon’s most strategic brands.
Your priority will be to work backwards from the customer, identifying inputs to grow brands and improve their performance. The internship lasts 6 months.
WORKING AT AMAZON INC.
Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company focusing on e-commerce, cloud computing, online advertising, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence.
It is considered to be one of the Big Five American technology companies, alongside Alphabet, Apple, Meta and Microsoft.
At Amazon, you will define your goals, exceed them, and set new ones. We aim for the ultimate simplicity to make customers’ lives easier. That’s why we need people who are innovators and disruptors.
People who dive deep and think big. We want to you to feel welcomed, included and valued right from the start. We know that your experiences will help us build a better world.
We’re on the lookout for the curious, those who think big and want to define the world of tomorrow. At Amazon, you will grow into the high impact, visionary person you know you’re ready to be.
Every day will be filled with exciting new challenges, developing new skills, and achieving personal growth. How often can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon, you’ll say it often. Join us and define tomorrow.
BENEFITS OF THE INTERNSHIP
If you’re insatiably curious and always want to learn more, then you’ve come to the right place. Depending on your location, country, job status and other requirements, some or all of the following benefits may be available to you as an intern:
• Competitive pay
• Impactful project and internship/role deliverables
• Hybrid working
• Networking opportunities with fellow interns
• Internships events such as speaker series, intern panels, Leadership Principles sessions, Amazon writing skills sessions.
• Mentorship and career development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducting sales pitches to key accounts
• Account manage selling partners you launch on Amazon and manage these opportunities concurrently
• Build an understanding of customer pain points, requirements, and potential value that can be delivered by advertising or merchant services
• Understand and utilise CRM tools as well as prioritising meeting/exceeding targets
• Learn the Amazon culture and ways of working
• Identify opportunities to improve our products, services, processes, systems, and tools
• Work with different parts of the Amazon business to deliver on a project, this may include working with category teams, product teams, and technical support teams.
• Available to commence an internship in 2024. You should then be available for 6 months, full time (40h/week).
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, with an anticipated graduation date after the completion of your internship. You need to be enrolled as a student for all the duration of the internship.
• Fluent written and verbal communication in English (Level – C1 or higher).
• Studies within Business, Marketing, Economics, Engineering or similar fields.
HOW TO APPLY
Every day will be filled with developing new skills and achieving personal growth. Interested?
Submitting your application takes less than 10 minutes and cover letters are not required. You will just need to attach your CV and answer a questionnaire.
Selected candidates will be invited to a sales online assessment. If successful, you’ll attend to two rounds of virtual interviews, which take place on the same day. Interviews consist of behavioural questions and a case study, focusing on our Leadership Principles.
The entire recruitment process typically takes 3 to 4 weeks. Do note that the selection process and timelines are subject to change, and vary with role and location.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.