TABLE OF CONTENTS
McCain Foods is hiring and invites qualifying persons to apply for the job vacancy: General Worker – Rogueing.
Position Location: Delmas, Mpumalanga
- Position Title: General Worker: Rogueing
- Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
- Grade: Grade 01
- Requisition ID: 27112
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of a General Worker: Rouging to be based at the McCain Delmas site, Mpumalanga. The successful candidate will report to the Team Leader.
The purpose of the job is to walk through a potato field daily, for a period of +/- 8 weeks and identify unhealthy and mixed plants and weeds. Remove the unhealthy plants and their tubers and discard them at the end of the field. During the harvesting and planting the rougher will assist at the seed store with receiving, grading, bagging, and general work.
ABOUT McCAIN FOODS
McCain Foods Limited is a Canadian multinational frozen food company established in 1957 in Florenceville, New Brunswick, Canada. It is the world’s largest manufacturer of frozen potato products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Walk the field and remove sick plants with their tubers.
- Give feedback on what was removed in the field during the rouging field walks.
- During out of season, assist with bagging and grading in Seed Stores.
- Assist with general work when the need arises.
- Grade 12 or Equivalent
- Experience in working with potato seed.
- Read and write.
- Good communication.
- Team player.
- Able to walk long distances.
- Able to distinguish visually between healthy plants and unhealthy plants.
HOW TO APPLY
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace.
As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.