TABLE OF CONTENTS
Feedem Group is recruiting and invites Matriculants to submit applications for the 12-month Professional Cookery Learnership 2024.
Closing date: 08 January 2024
Location: Parrow, Cape Town
New year, new opportunity! Please share with a matriculant interested in becoming a chef.. it could lead to cooking on a superyacht or cruise ship.
ABOUT FEEDEM GROUP
Established in 1975, Feedem is a large contract catering company in South Africa which manages in excess of 300 sites and employs more than 5 000 people ranging from dieticians, chefs and human capital specialists to hygiene experts.
We provide a wide range of catering and associated services to clients in all industries. Allowing us to manage your catering services will enable you to focus on your core business while benefiting from our expertise.
This will improve your economies of scale, infrastructure and ability to add instant capacity to your organisation.
ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP
Do you love cooking for any of these reasons:
- The ability to be creative, and the sense of satisfaction knowing you can provide for yourself
- The joy when your family tries a new dish you cook and they enjoy it
- For personal growth
- The feeling of nourishing yourself, knowing that there are no hidden ingredients
- Cooking isn’t difficult and you can creote mony great dishes without much time or skill
- You get to experiment with and experience totally new things. There’s plenty of room to be creative.
- Connecting yourself to your heritage and bring back old memories (eg. when cooking o classic dish your grandmother used to make).
Programme outcomes include:
- Provide customer service
- Maintain effective working relationships with other members of staff
- Maintain health, hygiene and professional appearance
- Maintain hygiene in food preparation, cooking and storage
- Prepare fruit for hot and cold dishes
- Prepare vegetables for hot and cold dishes
- Handle and maintain knives
- Accept and store food deliveries
- Handle and Maintain Utensils and Equipment
- Handle and Store Food
- Clean food production areas and equipment
- Clean and store crockery and cutlery
- Prepare and cook basic meat, poultry, game or offal dishes
- Prepare and cook basic sauces and soups
- Clean food production oreos. equipment and utensils
- Maintain o cleaning programme for kitchen oreos and equipment
- Maintain and promote food hygiene in the kitchen
- R3500 stipend per month for the learnership
- 3 weeks practical (at a site close to home) and 1 week theory at a school in Parow, Cape Town
- No cost for the training
- Don’t need to have done hospitality studies at school
HOW TO APPLY
Closing date: 08 January 2024
Details are in the advert which you can access via the link button below.
The timelines are as follows:
- CVs of applicants must please reach us by 8 Jan 2024.
- Start date: 12 February 2024
- Interviews will be scheduled for the week of 22 January 2024 (arrangements to follow).
EMAIL CVS TO: [email protected]
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.