TABLE OF CONTENTS
AVI Limited is recruiting and invites qualifying persons to apply for the 2024 Instrumentation Mechanician Apprenticeship Programme.
Closing date: 19 January 2024
Location: Kempton Park, Gauteng
ABOUT AVI LTD
AVI Ltd. is known for its leading household brands across many categories including: hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel.
NATIONAL BRANDS LIMITED operates 5 manufacturing sites, offering world-class manufacturing facilities in Isando (Johannesburg), Rosslyn (Pretoria), Westmead and Durban (KZN).
It is home to some of the best-known South African tea, coffee and creamer brands, including our delicious range of much-loved savoury and sweet biscuits, and our melt-in-your-mouth snack range.
ABOUT THE APPRENTICESHIP
An exciting opportunity exists for an Instrumentation Mechanician Apprentice at NATIONAL BRANDS LIMITED Isando Coffee and Creamer Factory.
The successful incumbent must be willing to work in shifts, enter into a three-year contract, and also participate in optional learning programmes.
Line Manager: Maintenance Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIIBLITIES
Key Performance Areas:
Specifically, engaging yourself in AVI apprenticeship programme requires you to have these following duties in the duration of your working programme, as follows:
- Following all the employer’s lawful instructions immediately
- Obeying all the workplace health and safety including dress and equipment and code of conduct of workplace rules
- Attending work, performing duties, and making reasonable progress for achieving competencies negotiated in the training plan
- Undertaking and attending training or assessment concerning the training plan
- Paying tuition and student fees for the training organization
- Keeping the training record in the possession and producing it to the employer and/or training organization
- Maintaining professional behavior
- Acknowledging that the workplace instructions and other materials which come into the apprentice or trainee’s possession
- Also, understanding that all information obtained from the employer
- Matric is essential
- Completed and passed FET college in the minimum of N2 in the following related Engineering Trades: Instrumentation.
- Being available immediately is a must
- The applicants must be able to find facts, apply logic, adopt conceptual approaches, build relationships with others, and also produce high-quality work
- Being able to deal with pressure and remain calm is obligatory
- The applicants must be confident and articulate when communicating
- Also, the applicant must be reliable and complete work within the deadlines
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Being focused on finding solutions to problems
- Finding facts and applying logic
- Adopting a conceptual approach when developing new ideas
- Being reliable and completing work within agreed timelines
- Producing high-quality work, being meticulous, and checking the details
- Building and strengthening relationships with others
- Coping well with pressure and remaining calm and composed
- Being confident and articulate when communicating
HOW TO APPLY
Please tap or click on the link buttons below to view more and/ or apply.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.