TABLE OF CONTENTS
ABB South Africa invites suitably qualified professionals to apply for the Engineering & Graduate Trainee Program 2024.
Location: Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa Full-Time Traineeship
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
You will be working as an Engineering & Graduate Trainee based in, Longmeadow, South Africa.ABB South Africa understands that Young Talent is the future, hence we do our best to recruit and develop young talent by providing the best working and learning environment that allows us to write the future together.
Working for ABB South Africa as a Trainee you will not only get hands-on experience in one of the leading Engineering, Technology and Innovation companies in the world, you will also get an opportunity to develop your skills beyond what you have learned in class.
ABOUT ABB AUTOMATION
ABB Ltd. is a Swedish-Swiss multinational corporation headquartered in Västerås, Sweden, and Zürich, Switzerland.
ABB is a technology leader in electrification and automation, enabling a more sustainable and resource-efficient future. The company’s solutions connect engineering know-how and software to optimize how things are manufactured, moved, powered and operated.
Building on more than 140 years of excellence, ABB’s 105,000 employees are committed to driving innovations that accelerate industrial transformation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All our Young Talent Programs are based on the 70:20:10 Model of Learning and Development which is
- Hands-on (70%)
- Asking questions (20%)
- Classroom (10%),
- We also understand that the world of work has changed and will continue to change and to keep with the pace and progress within the organization, you will need more than just Hard Skills (Technical), hence, during your time at ABB South Africa we will equip you with Soft Skills that will enable you to connect, create your identity and promote yourself in any working environment. In addition to formally learning about our products through our online Learning Management System and our face-to face classroom training (10%), you will spend most of your time working with our actual products and systems (70%), and also be exposed to industry experts and leaders who will be available to answer your questions and provide you with career guidance (20%).
For the 2024 Intake, we are looking for graduates in the following areas:
Graduate in Training:
- Corporate Marketing and Communication Function: You will work in a department that does all our corporate branding, communications, and events.
- Supply Chain Management or Logistics: You will work in a department that handles our Transport, Trade, and Logistics and Supply Chain Management,
- Finance or Accounting: You will work in a department that does our business controlling and Accounts Payables.
- Occupational Health & Safety: You will work in a department the does all our health and safety campaigns and ensuring that ABB is a safe working environment.
- Information Technology or Information Systems: You will work in the IT department and manage the processes from end to end.
Engineer in Training:
- Electrical Engineering: You will get exposure to the Testing of Switchgear on all areas; Primary, Secondary, Modular and commissioning, you will also be exposed to working with electrical and mechanical designs for switchgears.
- Mechanical Engineering: You will get exposure to basic design, draughting, electrical and mechanical workings of Electrical Motors.
- Control and Instrumentation: Exposure includes working with Control Systems, Field Instrumentation and Actuators. And the Design and Commissioning of Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
- Industrial Engineering: You will get exposure and learning from our Factory Operations, Time Studies and Process Improvements.
- Computer Engineering: Exposure across the business to drive the development and promotion of the 4th Industrial Revolution – ABB Ability.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Engineering Trainee Program Qualification:
- Degree to National Diploma Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Mechatronics)
- P1 & P2 Electrical Control and Instrumentation
- Degree to Diploma Health & Safety & Environmental Management
- Degree to Diploma in Finance/ Accounting
- Degree to Diploma in Logistics, Supply Chain Management
- Degree in Information Technology
- Degree to Diploma in Business Administration
- Do take note that as part of the program you might be required to travel to customers for sales, service or commissioning work
HOW TO APPLY
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated).
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.