TABLE OF CONTENTS
Eskom is hiring and invites qualifying professionals to submit applications for the vacancy: Plant Operator.
Closing date: 14 January 2024
- Position : Plant Operator Chemistry x 1
- Task Grade : T06
- Department : Chemical Services
- Business Unit : Hendrina Power Station
- Reference Number : GX Hen DP 244
Location : South Africa (Gauteng)
Area of Speacialization : Operating the water treatment plant or waste water treatment plant
Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd or Eskom is a South African electricity public utility. Eskom was established in 1923 as the Electricity Supply Commission. Eskom represents South Africa in the Southern African Power Pool.
Eskom generates electricity by transforming inputs from the natural environment – coal, water, wind, nuclear and liquid fuels.
- Grade 12/NCV4/NSC3/N3 with Maths, Science and Languages/Occupational Certificate Industrial Water Plant Operator/Further Education and Training Certificate Water and Wastewater Treatment Process Control Supervision/Engineering Studies with Chemistry and Chemical Plant Operations at NQF4 with 120 credits.
- Chemical Plant Operations- 2 years.
Skills and Competencies
• Team Player
• Motivating Teams
• PSR and ORHVS
• Water treatment plant and training course
• First aid and fire fighting
• Health and Safety representative course
• Certified plant operator as per DWS
• Hazardous chemical substance handling course
• Hazardous material course- Hazmat
• Basic chemical analysis
• Computer Literacy
• Communication skills
• Report writin
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct basic chemical analyses
• Chemical dosing operating-
• Operate allocated plant- Operate the Cooling Water, Water Treatment Plant and Coal Sampling Plant
HOW TO APPLY
If you have not been contacted within 28 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Eskom is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. In accordance with the employment equity plan of Eskom and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
Eskom reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions.
Eskom is committed to providing a smoke-free environment for its employees and visitors at the workplace.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.