TABLE OF CONTENTS
Applications for the Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) Bursary are now open and eligible youth in Gauteng are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 29 February 2024.
The Top 3 Grade 12 learners from all No-Fee paying, SSIP and LSEN government schools in Gauteng qualify for a bursary to study at a recognised Higher Education Institution (HEI) or a Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College.
ABOUT GAUTENG CITY REGION ACADEMY
GCRA is responsible for building a pool of skilled, capable and ethical workforce for the Gauteng City Region. This is done through different interventions, i.e., bursaries, internships, learnerships, skills programmes, etc.
The GCRA bursary programme is open to all qualifying youth, with particular preference given to youth from Gauteng, who wish to study for an undergraduate and/or post-graduate programme at an accredited and registered Post School Education and Training institution in South Africa.
The bursary covers full cost of study, with conditions, as stipulated in the bursary contract
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- A South African citizen
- Youth who matriculated and reside in Gauteng
- Must be between the ages of 18 to 35 years
- Those intending to study an undergraduate/postgraduate programme (Full-time)
- Those who have been accepted at any accredited Higher Education Institution in South Africa
- Those who fall under the financial assistance category and studying towards STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) qualification
BURSARY TYPES AVAILABLE
- Top 3 (no fee paying schools/LSEN schools)
- Top Achiever (certificate awarded by the MEC for Education and Youth Development)
- Financial Assistance (choose financial assistance if you do not fall under Top 3 or Top Achiever)
- Bursary Renewal (use your old GCRA Bursary profile and select renewal. This is only if you are continuing with the same qualification, you were previously funded for by GCRA)
- Bursary Reinstatement (select renewal, must have been funded by GCRA before and was suspended now applying to be reinstated)
HOW TO APPLY
- Certified HD Copy
- Certified Matric results or statement
- Acceptance letter from an accredited Higher Education Institution
- Proof of Residence: (Municipality bill or letter from Ward councillor)
- Motivational letter-written by the applicant
- Academic record (if applicant is continuing with undergradu-ate/postgraduate studies)
- Certified IDs from both parents
- Certified salary advice/proof of income for both parents
- In the case of deceased parent/s, provide death certificate/s
- Single parents, attach proof in a form of an affidavit
- Parents or pensioners earning Social Grants, provide SASSA letter/affidavit
NB: The bursary type of your application will determine the documents to upload on your application. All documents submitted must be certified, not older than 3 months. All documents should be in PDF.
The applicant needs to start the application process as follows:
- You need Internet access
- Valid email address which will be used as a “Username
- Valid South African ID
- Students must register and create a profile online
Application link for the creation of profile:
- Once the profile has been created, the student will be able to login using the profile credentials on https://gcrabursary.gauteng.gov.za/Account/Login
- The student needs to click on the application tab and begin the application process (required information must be provided)
Submitting the application:
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- Submit the application
- SMS will be sent with a reference number to confirm your application (keep it safe)
- You can still amend and resubmit the application before the closing date.
If a student received a bursary when he/she turned 35, the student should be aware that the bursary will not be renewed in the following year.
If your institution of choice, Is not in the position to claim allowances from GCRA through invoice. GCRA will only pay tuition fees.
NB: If you have not heard from GCRA in 2 months after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.