TABLE OF CONTENTS
FirstRand is recruiting and invites qualifying candidates to submit applications for the Chartered Accountancy Training Programme 2025.
Closing date: 12 January 2024
To successfully complete the FirstRand Chartered Accountant training program and qualify as a Chartered Accountant.
FirstRand Limited, also referred to as FirstRand Group is the holding company of FirstRand Bank, and is a financial services provider in South Africa.
FirstRand Limited, through its portfolio of integrated financial services businesses, operates in South Africa, certain markets in sub-Saharan Africa, the UK, and India.
The group’s track record of delivering superior returns to shareholders has been achieved through a combination of organic growth, acquisitions, innovation and the creation of completely new businesses.
Listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and the Namibian Stock Exchange (NSX), FirstRand Limited is the largest financial institution by market capitalisation in Africa.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate cost consciousness and awareness of personal contribution to costs and productivity
- Identify and escalates potential risks that may lead to increased costs
- Prevent wastage and identify process improvements to contain and reduce costs
- Adhere to Organisational values and service standards and interact with and communicate with customers accordingly
- Ensure first time resolution of customer queries or complaints and take ownership of any requirements and follow up on queries handed over to other parties or areas to ensure delivery on agreed time lines and Service Level Agreements
- Meet set turnaround times while ensuring own availability, reliability and accuracy
- Propose improvements on internal processes that impacts service levels and customer satisfaction within area of accountability
- Ensure own product knowledge and guidance provided is technically accurate and collects feedback to help improve customer service
- Establish relationships with relevant individuals and departments to deliver on work expectations Adhere to relevant service level agreements to build trust in the relationship
- Execute own work in accordance with the organisational values and code of ethics
- Comply with and adhere to identified governance and compliance standards and escalate problems for investigation and resolution
- Identify and escalate risk as normal part of work Investigate new ways to optimise processes
- Flag opportunities to migrate to platform and supports the use of technology in process and system improvements
- Draw on knowledge and experience to identify and develop solutions that lead to improved service delivery and quality
- Seek out regular performance feedback and put actions in place to improve and enhance performance Identify activities to address own development gaps
- Create own personal development plan and review plan with team leader or manager
- Understand which competencies and skills are required to be mastered to ensure personal development and performance
- Keep abreast of learning opportunities, changing products and trends
HOW TO APPLY
All appointments will be made in line with FirstRand Group’s Employment Equity plan. The Bank supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities.
In order for us to fulfill this purpose, candidates can disclose their disability information on a voluntary basis.
No late applications will be accepted.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.