TABLE OF CONTENTS
Bidvest International Logistics is recruiting and invites qualifying persons to apply for the job vacancy: Picker Packer.
Closing Date: 05 January 2024
|Office / Facility
|Job Type Classification
Location: Elandshaven-Germiston, Gauteng, ZA
ABOUT BIDVEST INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS
Bidvest International Logistics is a leading global transport and logistics company, whose partnership with EMO Trans provides access to an international network of 250 offices in over 120 countries.
Established in 1910, we understand what it takes to optimise supply chains, because we’ve been doing it for more than a century.
Our experience can take you from where you are, to where you’re going. Simply put, a partnership with us is your gateway to the world.
We have offices at every major port and airport in the country and our end-to-end logistics offering includes air, sea and road transport, warehousing and customs brokerage services in all major industries.
In addition to this, our qualified Supply Chain Engineers are available to you, to help analyse, re-design and optimise your logistics processes.
Bidvest International Logistics is defined by innovation, our adaptability to a constantly changing logistics landscape and our progressive nature, which means we are equipped to take your business to new heights by delivering the world to you.
Bidvest International Logistics is looking to employ Picker Packers who will be responsible for pulling and packing products based on daily orders. Meets specifics of customer orders in a timely manner.
Keeps products separated, organized and in good rotation. Monitors product quality frequently in our Warehouse Division.
- Ensure that all put-away and picking of cargo is achieved timeously.
- Picking and binning of orders using scanner
- Ensure that cargo racked and picked is correct for despatch.
- Conducting physical stock counts.
- Re-palletizing of cargo.
- Conduct Checks loading and off -loading of road vehicles and Containers as and when necessary.
- Tallying inward cargo.
- Conduct Housekeeping at the respective area
- Conduct CHEP Pallet daily counts
- Ensure SHEQ activities are maintained in the work area
- Implementation and maintenance of the 5s activities in the area of responsibility
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- *Grade 12.
- *1+ years Warehouse Experience.
- *Experience in warehouse management system would be an advantage.
- *Experience in scanners.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
You would need to have the following Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to handle stress and to work under pressure.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- High efficiency levels.
- Must be independent,
HOW TO APPLY
Bidvest International Logistics remains committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible.
Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.