TABLE OF CONTENTS
VKB Group invites top-performing students or prospective students to apply for the job vacancy: Receptionist.
Closing date: 31 December 2023
Ensure a professional reception function in order to deliver an effective service to external and internal customers and convey a positive image of the business
ABOUT THE VKB GROUP
The VKB Group is a modern, dynamic agricultural enterprise that has, since its establishment in 1919, continuously focused on accomplishing solutions for the changing and diverse needs of agricultural producers and related stakeholders.
Today the VKB Group proudly boasts an extended network that consists of 29 entities, of which VKB Beleggings (Pty) Ltd (“VKB Beleggings”) is the holding company, with the agricultural activities and industries resorting within VKB Landbou (Pty) Ltd (“VKB Landbou”) and VKB Agri Processors (Pty) Ltd (“VKB Agri Processors”) respectively.
The Group is also one of the prominent employers in rural Eastern Free State and rural Limpopo, and employs approximately 6 000 people.
The Group forms the cornerstone of the rural economy in the Eastern Free State. As part of good corporate citizenship, the Group increasingly invests in initiatives and infrastructure for the benefit of the communities in which it trades.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handel all incoming calls and direct to relevant personnel.
- First face of the business for customers, clients, and visitors to be directed to relevant departments
- Take messages, answer the phone in a friendly manner and transfer the calls from customers to the relevant departments
- Make appointments and keep a schedule for the use of the boardroom and meetings.
- Ensure that guests are always accompanied for safety purposes
- Assist the Admin team with filing, document control and computer support.
- Plan daily needs and requirements from the admin team.
- Be a GWK ambassador and a good team player.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Grade 12 certificate
- Minimum 1-2 experience in a similar role
- Computer literate
- Telephone etiquette experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Clear Criminal Record
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Multitasking and prioritizing
- Good administration skills
- Good Communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Things to take note of when applying through the VKB Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
vNB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.