TABLE OF CONTENTS
Rand Water is hiring and invites qualified and interested candidates to apply for the vacancy: Process Controller.
Closing Date : 07 January 2024
|PROCESS CONTROLLER-DOSING (SHIFT WORK)
|Bulk Water Services – Operations
|Job Type Classification
Location: Vereeniging, Gauteng
Reporting to the Senior Process Supervisor-Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for operating, activating and distribution of silica, ferric and poly to the various dosing points as well as off-loading of raw silica, ferric and poly into storage tanks.
Operating of chemical dosing plants in general as and when required.
ABOUT RAND WATER
Rand Water is the largest bulk water utility in Africa and is one of the largest in the world, providing bulk potable water to over 16 million people in Gauteng, parts of Mpumalanga, the Free State and North West – an area that stretches over 37 000 km2.
Our Head Office is based in Glenvista, Johannesburg, South Africa. Two large pumping and purification stations at Vereeniging and Zuikerbosch; Four main booster stations at Zwartkopjes, Palmiet, Mapleton and Eikenhof.
We operate thirteen tertiary pumping stations and 60 strategically located service reservoirs and secondary booster stations; as well as multi-billion Rand regional pipeline network of approximately 3500km.
Our geographical expansion has seen us provide water and sanitation services in Mpumalanga, Free State and North West province.
With respect to expansion on the continent, we are guided by bilateral and regional trade agreements entered by South African government with a view to pursuing opportunities that exist in those new markets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receiving and off-loading of raw silica by assisting the tanker driver by off-loading raw silica into correct storage tanks. Ensure no spillages of silica during off –loading and taking stock when completed. Taking of samples when completed and notify the Senior Process Supervisor-Operations.
- Activation of silica by ensuring that the silica tanks are clean and properly flushed out. Pressurizing the storage tank to get raw silica into the mixing tank, opening the silica inlet valve. Starting of the raw water pumps. Checking titration and ph readings to ensure correct charging of tanks.
- Dosing of silica as specified by the Supervisors as well as adjusting dosing rates. Operating PLC controls and SCADA
- Activation of silica by means of hydrochloric acid.
- Control the correct ferric and poly dosage on the primary and secondary as well as supervising the cleaning of the Poly plant
- Grade 12.
- NQF level 3 Water and Waste Water treatment certificate.
- Two years’ experience of which one year must be either in a plant environment or one year in a water purification environment.
- Computer literate.
- A valid Code 08 Driver‘s license and the ability to pass Rand Water’s K53 test.
- Registered or eligible to register as a Class IV Process Controller
- Safety procedures
- Basic Mathematics
- Basic understanding of the water treatment process.
- Basic engineering principles of flow and pressure
- Operating of silica, ferric and poly plants
- Basic silica handling
- Good housekeeping skills
- Good communication skills (verbal)
- Accurate and systematic approach
- Good housekeeping
- Performance driven
HOW TO APPLY
Rand Water are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, preference will be given to females and/ or people with disabilities to give effect to Rand Water’s Employment Equity objectives.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.