TABLE OF CONTENTS
Omnia South Africa is hiring and invites qualifying professionals to apply for the Instrument Mechanicians Apprenticeship Programme 2024
Closing Date: 15 January 2024
|Apprenticeship: Instrument Mechanicians
|Fertilizer a division of Omnia
Location: Sasolburg, Free State, South Africa
Omnia is a diversified Group that conducts research and development, manufactures and supplies chemicals and specialised services and solutions for the agriculture, mining and chemicals application industries.
The Omnia Group comprises a balanced and diversified range of complementary chemical services businesses with a broad geographic spread.
The Group extracts operational synergies and efficiencies across its businesses. It has been in business since 1953 and is listed in the Chemicals sector of the Johannesburg Securities Exchange.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To attend theoretical classes at an accredited provider,
- To obtain relevant plant training on site and
- Must complete curriculum for the designated trade per schedule as prescribed by CHIETA.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics & Science. (Maths Literacy NOT accepted)
- Technical trade related subjects (Advantageous)
- N3 Certificate including four relevant subjects of Mathematics, Engineering Science, Trade Theory, and fourth subject as required by the trade
- Technical trade theory program quality assured by a SETA deemed to equivalent to NQF level 3
- Relevant Engineering NCV Certificate with seven subjects at NQF level
- No previous experience required
- Medically fit
- Age: 18-26 years
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adhere to academic guidelines
- Willing to conform to rigid standards of performance
- High energy levels
- Be able to produce work of high quality
- High concentration levels and attention to detail
- Work accurately and carefully
- Be willing to keep up-to-date with advances in techniques and equipment
- Good interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
Omnia are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible.
Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.
Local applicants will be given preference on the positions.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.