TABLE OF CONTENTS
RCL Foods invites students and unemployed South African graduates to apply for the vacancy: General Ledger Clerk.
Closing Date: 11 January 2024
|General Ledger Clerk
|Job Type Classification
Location: Pretoria Wesst, Gauteng
ABOUT RCL FOODS
RCL Foods Limited is a South African consumer goods and milling company.
The company is one of South Africa’s leading food manufacturers, producing a broad basket of branded and private label food products in multiple categories, from household staples to value-added and speciality offerings.
Founded in 1960 as Rainbow Chicken Ltd, the company has its headquarters in Westville near Durban, and employs over 20,000 people. RCL is 77.7% owned by the South African investment firm Remgro.
At RCL FOODS they see and do things differently. They think bigger, work smarter, and collectively work as a team to achieve their ambition, MORE food to MORE people, MORE often!
RCL FOODS is seeking a General Ledger Clerk to join our RCL FOODS Division in Pretoria West. The role will be reporting into the the Accountant.
To provide clerical support and maitain the general ledger for the team including contributing towards the journal reviews and general ledger reconciliations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Ledger Reconciliations
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of General Ledger accounts within deadlines.
- Analyse Monthly General Ledger Reconciliations to ensure that all reconciling items are valid and that there are no unusual items on the reconciliation that need to be re-allocated.
- Consolidate at National Head Office Reconciliations for GL accounts that are also used by the regional teams
- Ensures that year-end reconciliations/schedules in support of specific General Ledger accounts are completed.
- Compile ad hoc spreadsheets and analysis when required.
- Prepare and complete reconciliation of Inter-company accounts and follow up on queries/reconciling items.
- Update exchange rates in SAP daily
- Review all journal entries received and ensure that all journals are appropriately authorised before capture
- Capture normal and accrual journal entries, including routine monthly transactions, re-allocations and provisions, ensuring correct account allocations.
- Capture all F-02 journals entries prepared at Head Office and
- Prepare and capture ad-hoc journal entries as required by the GL Accountant.
- Perform the functions of the Cash Book clerk to fill in as a backup when necessary
- File and safeguard records within area of responsibility.
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of work are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Inform relevant parties in the event of tasks or deadlines not met, the potential risks thereof and provide appropriate resolution.
- Relevent Finance/Accounting Diploma or Degree
- At least 2 to 3 years in general ledger experience and FMCG
- SAP utilisation experience.
- Financial accounting principles and practices
- Verbal and written communication
- Computer literacy (Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel)
- Analytical thining
HOW TO APPLY
Together with your CV, please include the following documents to your application:
- Application letter,
- Certified ID copy,
- Matric Certificate,
- Copy of your highest qualification,
- Latest academic transcript from the tertiary institution.
Closing Date: 11 January 2024 .
No late applications will be considered. If you do not hear from us before the end of January 2024, please consider.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.