TABLE OF CONTENTS
The South African Weather Service (SAWS) is hiring and invites applications for the job vacancy: Office Administrator.
Closing date: 29 December 2023
Position: Office Administrator: Gauteng, Limpopo & Mpumalanga (GLM)
Total salary package: Negotiable
To perform and undertake all secretariat administrative functions under the direction of the Regional Manager GLM.
ABOUT SOUTH AFRICAN WEATHER SERVICE
The South African Weather Service (SAWS) is a Section 3(a) public entity under the Ministry of Water and Environmental Affairs and is governed by a Board of Directors.
The company became a public entity on 15 July 2001 in terms of the South African Weather Service Act (No. 8 of 2001).
It is an authoritative voice for weather and climate forecasting in South Africa and as a member of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) it complies with international meteorological standards.
As an Aviation Meteorological Authority, SAWS is designated by the state to provide weather services to the aviation industry, marine and a range of other identified clients and to fulfil a range of international obligations of the government.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrative, operational, and any other functions as may be directed
- Management of all diaries, including the scheduling of meetings electronically in
available time slots
- Arranging of meetings and logistical requirements thereof
- Ensure that meeting minutes are accurately captured, distributed and resolutions are
- Assisting with the management of the office’s finance throughout the financial period
including budgeting for the office requirements
- Procurement of goods and services for the department
- Coordination of income and expenses for the Commercial Division
- Asset control and inventory.
- Establish and maintain an effective filing system for the department
- Travel & accommodation arrangements for the team
- Assist the team with compliance to performance management cycles
- Support the office in the Implementation of the Quality Management System i.e.
control of records and documents.
- Participate in all activities related to the implementation and/or maintenance of the
SAWS TQM system.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct desktop studies on Weather Service competitors, commercial products and
services. Assist and manage Business Development project
- A National Diploma in Management, Administration or related
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Project Management
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines and extended hours at times
- Good interpersonal skills and stakeholder management
HOW TO APPLY
The following must accompany the application:
- A certified copy of Matric results
- A certified copy of the full academic record to prove the subject choice at the university
- A certified copy of SA identity document
- A CV
- Motivation Letter
- Certified copies of the different degrees
The following will serve as recommendations:
- Good interpersonal relations
- A basic level of computer literacy
Preference will be given to People living with disabilities in line with SAWS EE targets. This is an EE position and preference will be given to females, Africans, Indians and Coloureds (AIC).
Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. Candidates who have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
The organisation reserves the right not to fill this position. The South African Weather Service is an equal opportunity employer.
For any enquiries regarding the content of the training,
- Contact Mr. Jannie Stander by email to [email protected]
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.