TABLE OF CONTENTS
The South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) invites suitably qualified professionals to apply for the vacancy: Administrator.
Closing date: 08 January 2024
Reporting line : Head: Strategy
- Division : GCEO
- Scale Code : 405
- Position ID : 60020211
Location: Auckland Park in Gauteng.
Reporting to the Head: Strategy : To effectively co-ordinate the day-to-day office activities, and to ensure the effective administrative running of the offices of Head: Strategy and Team.
ABOUT THE SABC
The South African Broadcasting Corporation is the public broadcaster in South Africa, and provides 19 radio stations as well as six television broadcasts to the general public. It is one of the largest of South Africa’s state-owned enterprises.
As we provide excellent and promising opportunities for individuals aspiring for development and advancement in Media careers, we’re searching for people with the highest caliber to join SABC’s workforce.
If you wish to explore new career opportunities and your qualifications and experience match our requirements step forward and apply to join SABC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- OPERATIONAL PLAN
- Perform secretarial and administrative duties within the Department
- Ensure effective and efficient running of the office of the Head: Strategy
- Screen and answer calls.
- Manage diary and assist with departmental administration
- Co-ordinate activities within the Business Unit or department
- Sign in and escort visitors for the Head: Strategy and Department
- Make travel bookings for Head: Strategy and Support team
- Planning of itinerary for Head: Strategy
- Organize venues for Meetings
- Co-ordinate all the activities associated with the office of the Head: Strategy.
- Assist with executing non-complex projects.
- Prepare all the documentation for the submission
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Schedule meetings and arrange venues
- Maintain attendance register
- Record proceeding and take minutes in meeting during Departmental meetings and office meetings and distributing them
- Accurate and timely preparation of reports
- Prepare presentations for special projects and as required from time to time
- Maintain an accurate filing system for the offices as recommended by the SABC file Management office
- Perform all other administrative duties for the office and the team
- Organizing and storing paperwork and documents in the shared drive
- Maintain a professional interface with stakeholders.
- Attend to telephone and email enquiries.
National Diploma or Degree in Administration / Business /Commerce or relevant qualification (NQF6/7).
2-3 years’ experience in office Administration.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Professional and business writing skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to communicate with senior management
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent telephone skills, professional, courteous.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Email and Internet).
- Thorough knowledge of office administration (including the ability to prioritise).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Typing/proof reading of documents absolutely essential.
- Experience and ability to create highly professional presentations and reports.
- Project coordination skills.
- Time management skills
HOW TO APPLY
To view more details about any vacancy, please click or tap on the vacancy title. We wish you all the best with your applications!
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.