TABLE OF CONTENTS
Absa Bank invites qualifying professionals to apply for the Information Technology Quality Assurance (Testing) Learnership Programme 2024.
Closing date: 26 December 2023
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
- The Quality Assurance Accountable for the execution of the testing process and best practices.
- Testing that the business functional requirements are fulfilled and that bugs are resolved.
- Design test scenarios and test cases based on an analysis of the business requirements.
- Ensure that the defect management and reporting process is executed.
- Maintaining and adding to regression test packs.
Absa Group Limited, commonly known simply as Absa and formerly the Amalgamated Banks of South Africa (ABSA) until 2005 and Barclays Africa Group Limited until 2018, is a multinational banking and financial services conglomerate based in Johannesburg, South Africa and listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us!
Proactively contribute & participate in the full solution development lifecycle as a member of a squad / multiple squads as an QA automation specialist engineer
• Actively participate in daily Scrum and project planning meetings
• Participate and analyze test automation requirements during the requirements analysis phase of technical product & service development, maintenance & optimization (across tribes & squads) – using design specifications and technical documentation (e.g. Business Briefs, User Stories, Architecture & Integration documentation)
• Prepare QA & Automation testing documentation (planning, design, execution and sustainability)
• Develop automation test plans
• Develop and execute automated test scripts using various technologies (automated scripts, test harnesses, SQL scripts etc.)
• Perform various types of automation testing (regression, integration, black box, scalability)
• Evaluate automated test cases and analyse & report results
• Facilitate test plan / case reviews within squads
• Work with product engineers to evaluate software / solution quality & provide recommendations for improvement / enhancement
• Contribute to the design and selection of testing frameworks for business applications
• Deliver all automation & technical testing deliverables on time (always)
• Provide the required project / scrum related information / feedback on deliverables (e.g. progress, tracking, quality etc.)
• Conduct performance monitoring on applications / components of applications for which you’ve designed and executed test scripts / plans
• Produce quality and testing outcome metrics and reports DevOps
• Follow engineering best practices and continuously improve on engineering knowledge to successfully shift our QA capability forward
• Leverage coding language understanding & expertise to deploy testing requirements for specific products / services
• Understand the full technical solution that is being tested – show interest and capability to run the technical solution & the ability to test the viability of the code being developed
• Shift from testing features to supporting & being accountable for full product delivery
• Ensure compliance with technical risk and governance requirements
• Ensure work is compliant with automation testing frameworks and standards
• Proactively identify and communicate risks ahead of need
• Participate in Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Incident Management processes as required and implement mitigating actions
• Participate in peer reviews & continuously develop automation testing awareness & capability across squads
1. B Degree Information Technology
2. Honours B Degree Information Technology (Prefered)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their resume with a cover letter detailing their motivation for joining the learnership program
Join us on this exciting journey to develop your skills and make a meaningful impact in the world of stockbroking and portfolio management.
You apply online for this exciting opportunity. Please click on the link below to view further detail and/ or apply.
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.