TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Gauteng Department of Health is recruiting and invites applications for the vacancy: Administration Clerk [x5 posts].
Closing date: 02 January 2024
- Reference Number : refs/019507
- Directorate : ADMINISTRATION AND LOGISTICS
- Number of Posts : 5
- Package : R202 233.00
Location : STEVE BIKO ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
ABOUT THE GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
The mission of the Gauteng Department of Health is to provide excellent, integrated health services in partnership with stakeholders and contribute towards the reduction of poverty, vulnerability and the burden of disease in all communities in Gauteng.
The core mandate of the Department is to improve the health status of the population, improve health services, secure better value for money, ensure effective organisation, and provide integrated services and programmes that promote and protect healthy, quality and sustainable livelihoods for poor, vulnerable and marginalised groups in society.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing patient administration duties in all sections of Patient Administration. (Registration, wards, clinics and accident and emergency)
- Prepared to rotate to all departments within patient administration.
- Accurately recording of patient information and patient activities and all other related tasks- manually and on SAP system.
- Updating and controlling file information of patients.
- Collection of revenue for services rendered. Efficient handling of inquiries. other tasks allocated by supervisor or team leader.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Grade 12.
- Computer literate.
- SAP system knowledge and hospital experience will be an added advantage.
- Must have sound interpersonal and communication skills and a caring attitude towards patients, relatives, staff members and external clients.
- Be able to work independently and under pressure.
- Must be prepared to relieve in and rotate to other sections of Patient Administration.
- Must be prepared tow work shifts/flexi hours without transport problems.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted strictly online at the following E-Recruitment portal: http://professionaljobcenter.gpg.gov.za.
No hand-delivered, faxed or emailed applications will be accepted. NB: For assistance with online applications please email your query to [email protected].
Application should be accompanied by a fully completed and signed new Z83 application form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on thethe link at the bottom of this post, plus a recently updated comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Applications without proof of a new Z83 application form and detailed CV will be disqualified. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). All foreign qualification must be accompanied by evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. Suitable candidates will be subjected to vetting and personnel pre-employment suitability checks (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification).
The Department reserves the right not to appoint/fill this post. NB: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please let the authorities know. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Enquiries : Mr. PJ Majoro-012 354 1169
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.