TABLE OF CONTENTS
AVBOB Mutual Assurance Society invites recent graduates to submit applications for the 2023–2024 ESG Internship Programme.
Closing date: 22 December 2023
Job Ref #: ESGGRADHO
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Market Related
AVBOB Mutual Assurance Society invites unemployed South African graduates between the ages of 18-35 to apply for the 2023/24, twelve months Internship Programme.
AVBOB was established in Bloemfontein in 1918 and has since grown into Africa’s largest Mutual Assurance Society providing a one-stop funeral insurance and burial service. Currently more than 5.5 million lives are insured by AVBOB.
The AVBOB group acknowledges that the majority of our population, due to the past dispensation, has been denied the opportunity to participate meaningfully in the mainstream economic activities of our country.
We therefore believe it is our responsibility to contribute to the promotion of the economic empowerment of previously disadvantaged individuals to ensure the achievement of a better life for all.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be working for a company that is over 100 years old with strong values which are customer centric.
You will have access to personal services through the employee assistance program and wellness programs. You will be working for an organization that values employee development and rewards excellent performance.
The areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Collection of baseline data which will serve as a benchmark against for evaluating performance against set targets.
- Internal data review over baseline data to ensure access to verifiable, consistently accurate and relevant data.
- Maintaining the integrity of the information on the monitoring and evaluation tool for reporting purposes.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that ESG initiatives are monitored and evaluated accurately.
- A diploma/degree in Environmental Sciences, Social Science, Law, Economics, Accounting, Internal Audit, Commercial Engineering other Sustainability-related disciplines is considered a strong added value.
Skills and Experience
- Computer literacy and strong quantitative proficiency.
- Keen interest in Sustainability/ESG
- Good judgement and decision making
- Well-developed communication skills (verbal/written)/ good listening skills
- Problem solving
- Analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Accurate, figure orientated and focus on detail
- Resilient and able to work under pressure.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
HOW TO APPLY
AVBOB is an equal opportunity employer, persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.