TABLE OF CONTENTS
Musina Local Municipality invites qualifying learners to submit applications for the Mayor’s Fund Bursary 2024.
Closing Date: 05 January 2024
The Musina Local Municipality has established a Bursary fund to assist learners with good performance from disadvantaged communities who cannot access tertiary education due to poverty.
WHAT THE BURSARY COVERS
The bursary will be disbursed through the Mayor’s office and it will be called the Mayor’s Bursary Fund. The bursary will fund the following:
- Tuition fee,
- Books and
The Municipality acknowledge the fact that there are numerous needy children given the context of our Municipality. However, the fund can only be given to few learners and this is seen as a contribution towards a better life for all.
ELIGIBILITY/ SELECTION CRITERIA
- Eligible learners must be residents of Musina Local Municipality.
- Their parents must be unemployed or classified as indigent, or earning less than R3500pm.
- Learners must be in grade 12 during the current financial year or should have passed grade 12.
- Preference will be given to all learners who passed grade 12.
- Special cases received by the Mayor which are aimed at assisting learners with potential mainly from disadvantaged communities who are not able to access tertiary education.
BURSARY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Children of Councilors and officials are not allowed to apply. The following conditions will apply to successful candidate:
- The successful students will be of service to the Municipality for a minimum of one (1) year period up to a maximum of the year’s equivalent to the number of years the municipality paid for the bursary holder, unless the Municipality cannot offer employment, as a way of contributing to the development of the Municipality.
- Be subject to monitoring system at ensuring successful completion of studies.
- Set conditions on what cannot be funded by the bursary, balance after payment to the institution, as will be stated in the agreement.
- Misconduct behaviours which may lead to forfeiting or losing the benefits. This will be subject to the code of conduct developed.
- Provide semester or Half year results.
TARGETED FIELD OF STUDY
- Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical)
- Public Administration,
- Project Management,
- Town Planning,
- Environmental Science,
- Media Studies,
- Human Resource,
- Public Relation,
- Development Planning,
- Building Science or Human Settlement and
- International Relations
Tertiary institution recommended:
Learners must enroll at ANY Universities, Colleges and Further Education and Training Colleges in South Africa:
- University of Limpopo
- T.U.T (Polokwane Campus)
- Madzivhandila Agricultural College
- Vhembe TVET College
- Capricorn TVET College
- *Any institution that is found in South Africa.
Tuition fees shall be paid directly to the institution upon registration.
HOW TO APPLY
A Bursary Committee to oversee applications and selection of learners will be established.
Eligible learners must send applications on a prescribed form with required documents to the Bursary Committee.
Selected learners will be notified in writing and telephonically. Completed forms should be accompanied by the following
- Proof of Residence.
- Letter of Reference from school principal ( for Grade 12)
- Certified copies of ID/Birth Certificate of Student & Parents or Guardian.
- An affidavit from Parent or Guardian.
- Certified Grade 12 June results
Application should be addressed to Mayor’s Office: 21 Irwin Street Musina 0900.
Closing Date: 05 January 2024
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.